Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking I may have overindulged, just a tad.
Put on a pot of fresh neck-bones (hog, for those who aren't familiar with the terminology) seasoned with garlic salt and black pepper only, brought to a rolling boil and turned down to a slow rolling boil after the heat is up to temp, boiled slow for 2 1/2 hrs., baked some fresh home-made cornbread with honey and molasses added.
Tried to not eat too much, but it was just too darn tasty.
Finished off with a 4-finger George Dickel Sour Mash and water for desert.
Feelin' like an early sack time tonight. :good2:

·
Registered
10,295 Posts
Know what you mean.
Wife and I just returned home from my sister's house, where my side of the family celebrated an early Christmas gathering and gift exchange.
We had a Chicken/Pork sausage/Okra Gumbo, with all the Cajun fixings. Sweets too.
A couple Coors Lite after the meal. Now, I'm done for the day.

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Did yard work for a while until it started raining and sleeting. Retired to the barn to work on the 2320 when Ms. SuperGlideSport hailed me in for supper. Home made fettuccine with shrimp in light Alfredo sauce, steamed broccoli with Italian garlic bread and a good glass of Chianti! Followed by another glass of wine and some home made Italian Pistachio cookies!! Bellissimo!!

:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Pasty and Busch light for me. lol!!!

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
We went home to Mom's last night for an early Christmas. She did a German/Russian dish called cheese buttons. I think the technical term for them is kasknoepfla. Cottage cheese wrapped in dough fried with onions and alot of cream sauce. Ham on the side. guess the diet will start next week!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts