Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I played around with the JD Ballast Calculator and found some surprises. For those that are savvy with Excel:

1. There are several hidden tabs for Tractor Specs, Implement Specs., etc. These can be modified for, say, the 1025R.

2. There are hidden columns H thru L that are used to calculate the load distribution. Again, these can be modified as needed for, say, operator weight.

3. The Implement Spec tab highlights that the loader calculations are without a load.

4. You can insert a line below the Loader line and copy the formulas down. Readjust the references for the wheelbase to L8. You can the use this line for your load in the loader. For the 1025R I used 500# and a distance of 96" center of load to the rear wheel centerline. Very interesting results for those that thought your ballast was enough.

5. You can also insert a line for custom rear ballast. The distance from the center of the weight to the rear wheel centerline is negative in this case.

If you can't play with it, what fun is it....

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
What great info Fred. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
2. There are hidden columns H thru L that are used to calculate the load distribution. Again, these can be modified as needed for, say, operator weight.

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!! I can finally say to my wife "Honey, I'm not fat, I'm just tractor ballast!!" :laugh:

True story - was at the local Township offices the other day. The road department guys were planting a tree and were using the backhoe to unload the tree from the trailer and move it to it's planting place. This is a regular, heavy, yellow JD road department backhoe, not some little 1025TLB. Once they raised the outriggers and started driving the tractor across the lawn, the front tires were coming up off the ground! :flag_of_truce: So, along with one of the road department guys, I hopped on the edge of the bucket and we kept those tires firmly on the grass!! :lol: Yup - I'm just tractor ballast! :laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts