Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the best thing they ever did to a 0 turn Everything about it I love ! But if I could get my $ back on them I would Without a doubt They make the mow cut bad Period If you're not picky you'll never notice the cut quality But it's driving me nuts after owning them for 2 months

·
Administrator
21,130 Posts
How does the cut go bad? Can you post some pics or perhaps describe what’s going on? Perhaps the issue could be addressed?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I read about Tweel's a lot, but I have yet to see them "in the wild" which is odd, given the number of ZTR's with Tweels for sale on Craigslist.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If u go u a hill on a 45 like I do I mow 4 diff Directions Or sideways on a hill the down hill side will cut lower then the uphill side never had that trouble with my Z950 but my sub compact did that and that's why stopped mowing with it ! The only way to fix it is to put the air tires on it for 800 $ Option I'm gonna go in and talk to my salls men to see if I can get rid of them if not so be it but my z950m mowed way better but I love the r Options And the seat !!!
But in all other ways it Incredible I can turn going downhill More traction It's really hard to Beat.
I used to mow with a 1026r with a 60" deck it mowed like **** one of the Worst mowers I've ever owned. I know they will be a million people saying I'm full of **** but they mow like **** the time and the cut is wye I got a z900 my z950 is at my Neighbors it by far will run Circles around a sub compact mowing but u can hardly walk after mowing with it now this new 970 is nice I can see keeping it for a long time

·
Registered
459 Posts
When I mow, I play like I have Tweels on my ZTR (John Deere) and I love the way they (play like) mow. So, I'll stay with the standard tires with some air in them. Should the price come down to lets say $100.00 each I might consider running the Tweels.

·
Registered
616 Posts
......I used to mow with a 1026r with a 60" deck it mowed like **** one of the Worst mowers I've ever owned. I know they will be a million people saying I'm full of **** but they mow like **** .......
I agree, mine mowed like **** too! My 2032r mows much better, but it is a bit heavy.

·
Registered
747 Posts
If u go u a hill on a 45 like I do I mow 4 diff Directions Or sideways on a hill the down hill side will cut lower then the uphill side never had that trouble with my Z950 but my sub compact did that and that's why stopped mowing with it ! The only way to fix it is to put the air tires on it for 800 $ Option I'm gonna go in and talk to my salls men to see if I can get rid of them if not so be it but my z950m mowed way better but I love the r Options And the seat !!!
But in all other ways it Incredible I can turn going downhill More traction It's really hard to Beat.
I used to mow with a 1026r with a 60" deck it mowed like **** one of the Worst mowers I've ever owned. I know they will be a million people saying I'm full of **** but they mow like **** the time and the cut is wye I got a z900 my z950 is at my Neighbors it by far will run Circles around a sub compact mowing but u can hardly walk after mowing with it now this new 970 is nice I can see keeping it for a long time
I had to rear that a few times to get your meaning but I take it that the Tweels on the downhill side are compressing and this is causing the deck to be lower on the downhill side resulting in an uneven cut?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree with the assessment on tilt to the downhill side. I always thought it was the huge 72" deck causing this. It's interesting others see it too with different decks.

I have many traverse areas in my yard. Some with substantial grade. So I see this affect every time I mow. I am curious as to the severity of the uneven cut the OP and others are seeing. Mine is noticable to me alone, but not to anyone else, unless I show them... and after a day or two of growth, it's invisible to me even.

Matt

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm shopping for a 930 and trying to find a nice used one with tweets, but they are hard to,find. Op, let me know if you do in fact want to get rid of them as I might be looking for a swap to them. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts