Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having trouble with the Galaxy 25x8.50-14 tires rolling under load?

My 4310 had the goodyears and I never noticed a problem but these marathoners, even if I bump the pressure up to 50PSI, want to roll under with a full bucket. So badly that I now have a 3" cut in my sidewall on one. I'm religous about tire pressure but these things just seem soft.

Looking the specs up I found they have a load capacity of 1120lbs each. According to the JD ballast calculator my tractor has 2284lbs on the front axle empty. That's with a 300CX and 330lbs each of rear tire weights. I usually have the hoe on so that drops it to 1300lbs on the front axle but still doesn't seem like a lot of safety factor for actually putting something in the bucket.

I almost always make sure to have some weight on the back for any loader work but this just seems like they're cutting it close with these tires.

25/8.5-14
Tire Size 25/8.50-14
Ply 4
Tread Depth 17
Tire Weight 27
Overall Diameter 25.8
Max Load 1120

I've ordered a pair of titan's with a 2000lbs rating to replace these mostly because of the sidewall cut but also because I have hilly property and a front tire failure with a loaded bucket could make for a bad day.

Just curious if anyone else with these tires is having issues..

Kelly

· Administrator
25,619 Posts
I think user Nuru has the Galaxy tires, might want to send him a PM to let him know about your hread.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have the Titan's on the tractor and they solved the problem. They have a load rating of 2130 each and have a MUCH stiffer sidewall. Fully loaded buckets don't make the front end go squirmy anymore:yahoo:

· Registered
386 Posts
sorry, I took so long to respond. I actually have R3 Turf specials and the front tires are 25X10.50LL-15, they tend to lose air when it is cold, and they don't like it too well when the loader is on, but they are handling it. I would imagine if I used my weight attachment on the back, would have more balance and less weight on the fronts with the loader on. No problems while I am working but I do have to make sure the tires are fully pumped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.