Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed a tractor trailer, parked in front of a house down the street, on my way to work and noticed what looked like a garage/barn all in pieces on the flat bed. Everything was standing upright and not flat keeping the trailer skinny. I was like holy cow that looks to be a garage in pieces ... they can do that!??. When i got home from work that evening it was nearly done being built! I thought this was extremely amazing! Anyone else do this? Or know where they come from or how much they cost?

Heres a pic of the final product built in 1.5 work days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's called "Pre-Fab". Everything is built ahead of time at a factory. You supply a floor/slab with foundation studs to their specs. They come in with a truck load of walls, etc., a few guys, and a crane. Four lifts with a crane and finished, painted walls with doors & windows are standing! A couple more crane lifts and it's got a roof.

I built a smaller, 14'x14', building the same way. I spent a few weeks on the design and fabbing the walls & roof, but I started in the morning, and by evening, me and my helper (wife at the time) had 4 walls and roof framing up. Sheathing and roll roofing the next day. Done except for doors! I built overhead doors, so that took a little time.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

I was thinking of you too!! :laugh:
X2 as soon as I read it :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::hide:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Neighbors down the road 2doors and 1/2mile has their home built this way. I don’t recall a basement being dug, but there we’re footings/walls poured-a couple trucks of panels and a crane showed up a few days later and next thing I knew there was a little bungalow of a house for the empty nester couple.

I suppose if they offer a product you like at a comfortable price then it’s certainly an attractive option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts