Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am lucky enough to keep my 1023 indoors when not in use (hoping it will out live me :)). One thing that drives me nuts is having to get off it to open or close the garage door on my barn twice per use. Sure I could velcro the opener somewhere on the tractor or throw it in the cup holder but where is the fun in that...

I was wondering if anyone made any cool mods to hide the switch? One idea I had was to fit it behind the blank on the left side of the steering wheel. I wasn't sure how hard to remove or fit that would be.

Thanks!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Another option -Many manufacturers make key fob size remotes. And you can buy universal programmable ones.

6d23d9ea-c20a-47f4-bcd3-fa0212164a71_1000.jpg

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am lucky enough to keep my 1023 indoors when not in use (hoping it will out live me :)). One thing that drives me nuts is having to get off it to open or close the garage door on my barn twice per use. Sure I could velcro the opener somewhere on the tractor or throw it in the cup holder but where is the fun in that...

I was wondering if anyone made any cool mods to hide the switch? One idea I had was to fit it behind the blank on the left side of the steering wheel. I wasn't sure how hard to remove or fit that would be.

Thanks!
Don't understand why?? I go to the garage by walking to it. While I'm still in the upright position I hit the button to open the garage door before I get to the tractor or on it. Leave the door open while I use the tractor and when done just drive it into the garage to park it. Seeing as I have to get off the tractor to go inside I hit the button again as I go past it into the house. First time hitting the button opens it, second time closes it. A before and after getting to or on/off the tractor. :dunno:

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
I use the time getting on/off the tractor to open/close the garage door to CHECK THE ROPS. For obvious reasons of course.... :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Don't understand why?? I go to the garage by walking to it. While I'm still in the upright position I hit the button to open the garage door before I get to the tractor or on it. Leave the door open while I use the tractor and when done just drive it into the garage to park it. Seeing as I have to get off the tractor to go inside I hit the button again as I go past it into the house. First time hitting the button opens it, second time closes it. A before and after getting to or on/off the tractor. :dunno:
Only time I closed mine when I was still parking in the attached home garage (now have a tractor garage/shed/attachment/and just about everything else storage area) was when I snow blowed in the winter. Kept it warmer as it is unheated, and kept from getting the inevitable mini drifts in the garage door area. Threw a button from my car in the tool box. Yes tried velcro in the dash but was getting to wet. No opener on the barn, as it is the only door in. Where the genny will be in a power outage... not very easy to get to then.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts
Key chain has it all . . . ignition and shop keys, and opener for overhead door.

IMG_4226.JPG

I never leave the overhead door open unless I'm in there or in the area. Critters are dying to go in and check things out. :nunu:

Marlin :cowboy:

·
Super Moderator
5,216 Posts
Another option -Many manufacturers make key fob size remotes. And you can buy universal programmable ones.
That what I use. I bought one that controls both of my garage doors. When it snows I can pop the doors open, back right up with my backblade, drop it 6" inside the garage and pull all of the snow from area. 5 minutes later I close the doors and finish up plowing. I don't even have to bother cleaning anything up with a shovel.

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
That's what I love about this site. I have been going to go to a junk yard and buy some ford homelinks off some visors, just was not sure how water proof they are. The Polaris option is a nice idea but I wish it had 3 or 4 instead of two.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I use my phone App...Chamberlain makes a door opener sold at HDepot that is the same price as any other door opener, but they also have just an opener that I think works with any door. I also have an extra FOB , but the phone can be used from anywhere, and notifies me if the door opens or closes. I can see how long its been open or closed as well via the app.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Key chain has it all . . . ignition and shop keys, and opener for overhead door.

View attachment 371953

I never leave the overhead door open unless I'm in there or in the area. Critters are dying to go in and check things out. :nunu:

I have the same opener, really like it. Only prob is I accidently programmed one button to both doors and can't figure out how to clear the program from the remote... :unknown:

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Marlin is right about the critters. I always close my door when I won't be right there. Mowing the natural grass areas tends to stir up mice, snakes, and big spiders. And they head right for the open garage door. If I forget to close it, my wife closes it and then I can't get back in.

I put my garage door opener in the slot underneath the right arm rest. I added a little velcro in there so that it stays firmly affixed. It's not real visible and out of direct weather. Please see this post for pictures.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
With 3 garage doors and 3 shop doors, plus a gate opener, I need 3 remotes. Like to carry a set of all on the tractor when mowing so if doors are open and grass starts blowing in I can close them till I get thru and then open them back up from tractor. Or if I have a problem and need to drive in or get a tool. And I need to mow on both sides of the gate.

I buy these little plastic pencil boxes at WalMart to use for holding things like jump drives, memory cards, and other small objects. Noticed on the steel brace at the bottom of the ROPS there were already 2 holes in it, so I mounted one of these boxes there, put a little felt inside for padding, and makes a good holder for 3 of my small remotes.

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts
I have the same opener, really like it. Only prob is I accidently programmed one button to both doors and can't figure out how to clear the program from the remote... :unknown:

I suspect a call to LiftMaster customer service will clear that up for you. I have one that mounts on the outside of the building that I cannot get to program. I've called them and walked through the process with them without success. The online dealer wouldn't take it back so I filed a 'dispute' with my credit card company and got my money back. LiftMaster said buy a new one at Home Depot and then return my non-working one to them. That goes against my grain, I need to call them one more time and verify that again before I do it.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Go to your local Harley Davidson dealer. Mine has/had a little unit that fit in my Soft Tail under the dash with a 1/4 inch hole and a momentary switch activated door opener. They are always upgrading and changing, but mine was a watch battery power and in three years has yet to be replaced. (Waterproof as well)

Have fun and be safe

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Try this link. Maybe you can use the info to reset the remote and start over with reprogramming.

How to Reset Remotes on a Liftmaster Garage Door Opener | Home Guides | SF Gate
I'll have to give that a try when I get home. Thanks!

Go to your local Harley Davidson dealer. Mine has/had a little unit that fit in my Soft Tail under the dash with a 1/4 inch hole and a momentary switch activated door opener. They are always upgrading and changing, but mine was a watch battery power and in three years has yet to be replaced. (Waterproof as well)

Have fun and be safe
Only thing consistently more over priced than objects with green paint are objects that say H-D on them :lol:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I bought a programmable key for that I keep on the key ring. I don't leave door open either. The wind is always blowing into the garage. It's nice to have especially when it's hard to climb on and off the tractor numerous times.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts