Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Premium Member

Old Pa-pa
Looks like it was a hilly road, a small lawn tractor would be very low profile and maybe hard to see coming up
on it over the peak of a hill.
Speed of a car approaching and slowness of a lawn tractor, now very much reaction time.

Really sad to hear about something like this.

Premium Member
So sad

Registered
Not just lawn tractors

Looks like it was a hilly road, a small lawn tractor would be very low profile and maybe hard to see coming up
on it over the peak of a hill.
Speed of a car approaching and slowness of a lawn tractor, now very much reaction time.

Really sad to hear about something like this.
That is a sad, tragic accident. Unfortunately, it's all too common and not just with lawn tractors. I know of several instances where people drove into the back of large tractors, combines, hay equipment etc. Most of the time, the equipment had flashers and slow moving vehicle signs.

How the heck can you miss seeing a combine that's 16' wide and 12' high with flashing lights? If people will hit those, (and they do) a kid on a lawn tractor doesn't stand a chance.

Treefarmer

Registered
We drive up near there annualy.
There must be something about the drivers there,,,
there are MANY signs warning you about aggressive drivers, and how to give them the right of way.

I have never seen such signs before,,, or anywhere else,,, :dunno:

I also remember them having lines on the road showing the recommended minimum following distance,,,
LONG stretches of such marked lines.

Hmmmmmmm,,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts