Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone. It's time to start showing off your hard work. I'll get this party started.

I planted mine two weeks ago. Pretty much everything has come up. Looks to be a decent stand. I decided to do buried drip irrigation this go around with liquid fertilizer. I also burned some brush and tilled the ashes in.

Plants:

Tomatoes: cherry, jumbos, heat tolerant.

Green beans.

Onions: purple sweet, Texas sweet, 1015y

Peppers: banana, jalapeño, green bell, habanero

Sweet cord.

Pumpkins: jackolantern, giant

Cucumbers

Watermelon

Cantaloupe

Zucchini

Yellow squash

Strawberries

Herbs

Carrots

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458170587.274471.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458170608.985748.jpg

What's everyone else got?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Ground is still frozen here.:dunno:

·
Registered
447 Posts
In Jersey I just tilled the ground outside. Inside we are seeding under grow lights in a stand rack the following, 5 varieties of tomato (katana, san marzano, betty, caberent, and ground cherries, and kale, mini peppers and full bell, fennel, leeks (zermatt) and next week more to seed in pods.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,342 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
u know that certain types of peas like snow-so if u hurry to day and get them in the ground, when the snow comes sunday, they will maybe grow better!!:lol:
Who are you, again? :lol:

·
Registered
747 Posts
My garden...

It maybe time to plan this years plantings, but this is what my garden spot looks like today.

DSCF7061.JPG

The garden was new last year and the 1025r came in handy. I was busy harvesting rock last spring.

DSCF0187.JPG

We have very sandy and rocky soil up here, so I hauled in a couple of truck and trailer loads of nice compost.

DSCF0227.JPG DSCF0244.JPG

I used a small tiller to mix it in. I'd like to get a 3 point tiller some day and expand the garden.

DSCF0218.JPG

We have lots of wildlife in the woods around the house. I used a run of chicken wire along the bottom to keep out the rabbits, and monofilament fishing line to keep out the deer. It worked well, I never had deer in the garden. They walked the fence line but never entered it...

DSCF6052.JPG DSCF6063.JPG DSCF6064.JPG

I made tomato cages out of a roll of concrete reinforcement mesh...

DSCF0281.JPG

Last year we grew tomatoes, green onions, yellow onions, zucchini, sugar snap peas, jalapenos, and tomatillos. I planted green peppers, but they didn't made it. Everything else went wild and exceeded our expectations!

We can't wait to get started again this year!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Our garden looks just like 96PSD's, as a matter of fact we have the same growing station. The weather has been playing mind games with us. Air and sun warm enough to plant, but time wise too early......and Noreaster headed our way on Sunday. My big addition this year will be an official garden gate vs rolling back wire on a pole. Pics will follow if A) I get it done and B) if it turns out good.:laugh:

·
Registered
12,342 Posts
It maybe time to plan this years plantings, but this is what my garden spot looks like today.

View attachment 148225

The garden was new last year and the 1025r came in handy. I was busy harvesting rock last spring.

View attachment 148233

We have very sandy and rocky soil up here, so I hauled in a couple of truck and trailer loads of nice compost.

View attachment 148241 View attachment 148249

I used a small tiller to mix it in. I'd like to get a 3 point tiller some day and expand the garden.

View attachment 148257

We have lots of wildlife in the woods around the house. I used a run of chicken wire along the bottom to keep out the rabbits, and monofilament fishing line to keep out the deer. It worked well, I never had deer in the garden. They walked the fence line but never entered it...

View attachment 148265 View attachment 148273 View attachment 148281

I made tomato cages out of a roll of concrete reinforcement mesh...

View attachment 148289

Last year we grew tomatoes, green onions, yellow onions, zucchini, sugar snap peas, jalapenos, and tomatillos. I planted green peppers, but they didn't made it. Everything else went wild and exceeded our expectations!

We can't wait to get started again this year!
I'm glad u like planting and harvesting a garden. I really like the looks of ur nice side boards on the trailer. got any more pics of the trailer with sideboards.:kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
12,342 Posts
Who are you, again? :lol:
I'm the guy that for some thumping reason u convinced me to drop my plow to early and now I jinxed myself. that's who I am!!!:banghead::munch:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
I'm the guy that for some thumping reason u convinced me to drop my plow to early and now I jinxed myself. that's who I am!!!:banghead::munch:
:munch:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Last weekend I tilled under all the leaves I piled on my garden last fall. This weekend, I'll spread a bunch of lime. It will probably be 2 weeks before I plant anything.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
IMG_0129.jpg IMG_0130.jpg I got the tilling done yesterday on our 2 gardens. If you look real hard in the 1st pic, bottom left corner of the garden that wasn't tilled you will see our rhubarb that was planted last spring. Even they haven't come up yet for this year. And our strawberries and blackberries...they're doing as good as the rhubarb. To early to plant around here.

·
Super Moderator
5,113 Posts
Still way too early up here to plant anything. I started pepper seeds in a window tray yesterday so those should be ready to plant in 6-8 weeks. I did 6 4'x12' raised beds last year and I'm going to add 4 more this year. I have one with strawberries and one with rhubarb so those should come back again.

I'm going to do a 2nd bed of strawberries and then on tap for this year are:

Green beans
Onions
3 different types of peppers
Sunflowers
Cukes
Lettuce
Swiss chard
Pumpkins
Watermelons
Potatoes
Carrots
Radishes
Parsnip
And Tomatoes in containers up on the back deck (Otherwise, the chipmunks steal them)

I also have my "Orchard area" where I have several apple, cherry, pear and peach trees. Last year I add blueberry plants and grapes over there. This year I'm adding rasberries, blackberries and red & black currants.

Right now, we've got snow in the forecast for Sunday night/Monday. I think tomorrow I'm going to try and get fertilizer in so the slow snow melt can soak it down good.

Can't wait to see pics of everyone's gardens in a couple of months!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Fdmars,

Last year I bought a TSC 6' fence so that my 1025r can pass through for weeding and tilling. Works great. In the background are 2 of my 275 gallon tanks that I do gravity fed watering during the summer months. We collect rainwater in 2 of these from the gutters against the house then pump them up to these tanks. I also have one in our tree orchard area. We are growing apples, pears and peach trees there. I use the FEL and 1/3 to 1/2 full tanks on the forks to bring water up to them on the hill.

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm glad u like planting and harvesting a garden. I really like the looks of ur nice side boards on the trailer. got any more pics of the trailer with sideboards.:kidw_truck_smiley:

PM sent :bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,691 Posts
u know that certain types of peas like snow-so if u hurry to day and get them in the ground, when the snow comes sunday, they will maybe grow better!!:lol:

Way to tell him Big Jim!:laugh:

Milharri,
Thanks for getting this thread going. We are not anywhere close to planting season yet. My son's science class is starting plants in the greenhouse at school. I sent in a couple packets of heirloom tomato seed so we will be getting a jump start on those at least. We also just finished up the last of our potatoes from last year's garden. The only ones left will become seed potatoes. I actually had to buy potatoes at the store last week. They were tasteless after having our homegrown ones for so long.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Way to tell him Big Jim!:laugh:

Milharri,
Thanks for getting this thread going. We are not anywhere close to planting season yet. My son's science class is starting plants in the greenhouse at school. I sent in a couple packets of heirloom tomato seed so we will be getting a jump start on those at least. We also just finished up the last of our potatoes from last year's garden. The only ones left will become seed potatoes. I actually had to buy potatoes at the store last week. They were tasteless after having our homegrown ones for so long.
Thanks! I noticed the first tomato blooms have turned into little green tomatoes!

This year the coldest it got was 31F. Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about this garden. In west Texas the wind was so bad that a lot of my plants were destroyed. Now that I'm close to SA I don't have to worry about that! I just have to make sure that the fence keeps the deer out. I'll be posting updates as it grows. In another thread I posted me using the heavy hitch to make the beds and bury the drip lines. It worked flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Fruit trees pruned months ago now budding, Chives and chard up and pick able and garden beds are cleaned and ready for mushroom compost to be brought in and rototilled in. Might throw some broccoli, green beans and snow peas in next week and see what happens. Will start all other seeds in the greenhouse April Fool's day as usual for planting by May 1st. I envy those who have a long growing season!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
523 Posts
when would be a good time to rottotill in NE upstate ny

This winter was mild Last fall i plant a cover crop alfalfa and i plan to use it as green manure Wonder if i should let it grow:unknown: before i rottotill it When would be a good time:munch::greentractorride::unknown:

1 - 20 of 362 Posts