Green Tractor Talk banner

241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts
I think I'm on a bit smaller scale :laugh:
With good germination and growth and no weather issues, I usually get about 4 gallon bags plus what we eat and share.

Also, I only have 5 potato plants... so I don't think I'll be getting the quantities you did!

Forgot the pic of my helpers.
Who needs a wagon or bucket to haul corn when you have DUMP TRUCKS! :kidw_truck_smiley:
Great pic Cutty :thumbup1gif:

Yes, we do 3/4 of an acre of sweet corn, this year we planted Simply Irresistible, with two ears on nearly every stalk it added up. The animals have been eating good as well but I plan to brush hog it down this coming weekend. Kind of sad really, it's a long time until it's ready next year. :laugh:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
Brought in a load of sawdust for next season's mulch: HPIM4335.JPG

Took about an hour to scoop it off the trailer: HPIM4336.JPG

Went back this afternoon with the 790 & loader to clean up the front edge of the pile.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Brought in a load of sawdust for next season's mulch: View attachment 705498

Took about an hour to scoop it off the trailer: View attachment 705500

Went back this afternoon with the 790 & loader to clean up the front edge of the pile.
Why not set your trailer jacks, drop the ramp, and unload it with the loader?

I get sawdust frequently for our horse stall, and have a bin under the end of the lean-to part of the barn. I set jacks at the rear of the trailer and put my ramps up, and use my loader to unload the trailer, and I don't have nearly the load you have (smaller trailer) It worked really well with the X748 and loader, it's slightly harder with the 2520 due to bigger tractor and more weight, but it still takes about 10 minutes to unload this way, vs. 30-40 minutes using a grain scoop by hand. The last bit on the trailer I have to shovel into the loader bucket, only a single bucketload.

What kind of sawdust is that, hardwood, or pine? looks like hardwood, from the color. That takes longer to decompose than pine, and I've found it takes a bit more lime to balance the pH; of course, my sawdust has a lot of urea in it anyway by the time it makes it from pile to stall to garden.

241 - 244 of 244 Posts