Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these on the web and are carried at TSC, Just thought some may be interested in them. I'm looking at getting at least one gas and one diesel, For starters. Tired of the dripping and leaking cans, ALSO HAVE TO POUR THE FLUID OUT. CHECK THESE OUT!
Anyone using them chime in, Would like some input on your thoughts.

https://www.surecanusa.com/product-page/5-gallon-diesel-surecan

waltmart

·
Premium Member
13,042 Posts
I don't have one but I've read a lot about them. The concept is good but most of the user reports are not favorable. I recommend some google searches before you make a purchase.

So far I have not found anything better than the No-Spill containers.

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts
Sure is expensive.

Why are gas cans so ridiculously expensive anymore? I mean, it’s plastic. Really?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have one but I've read a lot about them. The concept is good but most of the user reports are not favorable. I recommend some google searches before you make a purchase.

THATS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR , Will do a search and think about the purchase, THANK-YOU SIR,

·
Premium Member
13,042 Posts
Sure is expensive.

Why are gas cans so ridiculously expensive anymore? I mean, it’s plastic. Really?
The cans are inexpensive... it's those sophisticated easy-to-open, leak-proof, high-flow, zero-frustration, long lasting, environmentally friendly spouts that drive the cost up. :)

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
When I was using a 5 gallon can I took the spout off and replaced it with easy flow spout made a big difference.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Sure is expensive.

5¢ or 10¢ worth of plastic I suspect. :banghead:

No-Spill . . . :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I just buy the cheapest cans I can find, throw away the crap spout, drill vent holes in the cans, and put an old school spout on. You can get the vent and spout kits on amazon or a TS.

·
Premium Member
13,042 Posts
I use the JustRite type II safety can.
I hope you don't mean one of these?

Justrite_can2.jpg

I bought one of these once. I can only hope that yours works better than mine did. It was the worst purchase I ever made. That thing was like $65. First time to the gas station I open the flapper and inserted the filler, squeezed the handle and gasoline literally shot up onto my face. When I got home I looked inside to see what the problem was and they have this very fine mesh "flash guard" down inside the neck. It is so fine that fuel will only sift through it slowly. Next came time to dispense fuel. Tip the can and pull the handle and fuel dribbles out like a controlled leak. It didn't matter how hard you would squeeze the handle the fuel would only dribble out. I played with it for a while and finally figured life is too short to suffer like this.

I put it on Craigslist for $10 and pretended like it never happened.

·
Premium Member
13,042 Posts
I just buy the cheapest cans I can find, throw away the crap spout, drill vent holes in the cans, and put an old school spout on. You can get the vent and spout kits on amazon or a TS.
This is a good way to go. One issue is trying to verify if the can is compatible with the EZ Pour kit. I recently bought a cheap can with the intention of adding an EZ Pour only to find out it had some weird thread on the cap that isn't compatible with either the fine or course EZ Pour spout.

EZ_pour.jpg

·
Old Pa-pa
11,938 Posts
Sure is expensive.

I remember when you could buy a decent 5 gallon fuel can and got change back on a $10 dollar bill,
2 or 2 1/2 gallon ones were $5 and all those suckers had real vent caps and cork gaskets for the pour spout.

Ain't modern times great where you can drop $40 or better for crap. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
13,042 Posts
I remember when you could buy a decent 5 gallon fuel can and got change back on a $10 dollar bill,
2 or 2 1/2 gallon ones were $5 and all those suckers had real vent caps and cork gaskets for the pour spout.
Ahhh... the good 'ole days...

gas_can.jpg

The even better old days...

gas_can2.jpg

·
Registered
679 Posts
I hope you don't mean one of these?

View attachment 550553

I bought one of these once. I can only hope that yours works better than mine did. It was the worst purchase I ever made. That thing was like $65. First time to the gas station I open the flapper and inserted the filler, squeezed the handle and gasoline literally shot up onto my face. When I got home I looked inside to see what the problem was and they have this very fine mesh "flash guard" down inside the neck. It is so fine that fuel will only sift through it slowly. Next came time to dispense fuel. Tip the can and pull the handle and fuel dribbles out like a controlled leak. It didn't matter how hard you would squeeze the handle the fuel would only dribble out. I played with it for a while and finally figured life is too short to suffer like this.

I put it on Craigslist for $10 and pretended like it never happened.
Mine works famtastic. I'm not sure if your can had a fault or what. I use mine for diesel and it works great, I'd not use anything else at this point.

Randy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
NO-Spill all the way

Marlin- I agree with you on the No Spill Fuel Cans! The day I spotted one of these I knew I had found the answer to my Fuel Can problems. Now I just use No Spill and all my Fuel Can Problems have gone away!
Leo

1 - 20 of 33 Posts