Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the need for a pole saw every year. Bought a cheap remington that is 110v that did what I needed but the cord limitation is not working for me. I am hoping for something with reach that is not telescoping but you can add a length to the handle if wanted. Does anyone have a recommendation? i have 20 yr old Husky & Stihl saws, happy w/both.Thanks for help.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have a Stihl pole saw and it is great, although the handle does not extend.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A model # would be helpful when you get a chance. Thanks

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Take a look at the Stihl Kombi system. You can buy a powerhead that matches your needs and the pole saw attachment. They also make extension for the pole saw. Other attachments include the weed eater, tiller, power broom, blower, edger, etc.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/professional-kombisystem/

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/kombisystem-attachments/

I have the trimmer, blower, pole saw and an extension. Going to buy the tiller soon and also maybe the power broom. Yeah, I'm a fan! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you are looking for a dedicated pole saw, that Stihl HT 56 posted above is hard to beat, and hard to beat up!

If you are looking for another opinion on a multi-tool, I have been very happy with the Shindaiwa M242. Can add whip, cultivator, hedge trimmer, pole saw, power broom etc. 5 year residential warranty, 2 year commercial.

·
Registered
23,580 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight 40v lithium pole saw with brushless motor. I used it extensively last summer and it worked great. For about 3 months I used it for about 1 hour a day. Only needed charged about once a week.

There is a coupon right now (until 4/1/18) for $20 off all of the tools in this series making the pole saw $140.

https://www.harborfreight.com/40v-lithium-cordless-pole-saw-63286.html

E48A26DD-3198-4C84-9192-48AB50BE0A60.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
LB, I bought a greenworks pole saw, it does have an extension and it's not an extension pole that slides, and the batteries last a long time. I also bought their hedge trimmer, the adjustable hedge trimmer with the extension pole I use around my pond so the grass doesn't shoot into the water, a hand held leaf blower for the misses for the pool area and a string weed whacker for the misses too. Those batteries last and last all 40 V units. The pole saw works just like any gas pole saw.. They haven't let me down yet and they are two years old, very happy. no gas and oil to mix and no electric cords. great on the ears too. Jeff

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I'd recommend the Stihl Kombi system as well. One you add an extension or two it does get heavy and imbalanced so be prepared for a shoulder workout. I have a KM131R system for string trimming, hedge work and edger. I plan on adding the pole saw this spring. FIL has the paddle brush that I'm going to test out for the gravel that has made it's way on to my lawn from snowplowing this past year.

If you want ballpark pricing without visiting your dealer take a look at Richardson saw, they list prices and most dealers are within the same price range I've found. Stihl KM 131 R KombiMotor Multi-Task Tool | Richardson Saw Dallas Texas

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I'd recommend the Stihl Kombi system as well. One you add an extension or two it does get heavy and imbalanced so be prepared for a shoulder workout. I have a KM131R system for string trimming, hedge work and edger. I plan on adding the pole saw this spring. FIL has the paddle brush that I'm going to test out for the gravel that has made it's way on to my lawn from snowplowing this past year.

If you want ballpark pricing without visiting your dealer take a look at Richardson saw, they list prices and most dealers are within the same price range I've found. Stihl KM 131 R KombiMotor Multi-Task Tool | Richardson Saw Dallas Texas
When you do this, be sure to post up some sort of "review". I'm kicking around buying one of those but neither of the Stihl dealers around here say that they can't remember the last one of them that they sold, so they don't "recommend" them.

·
Super Moderator
8,261 Posts
Here's another vote for the Stihl Kombi system. I use the KM130 power unit which I believe has been replaced with the KM131 now. I have the pole saw and an extension along with some other attachments. The unit starts easily, has tons of power and the pole saw is a well made, high quality unit as you'd expect.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I have had my lithium powered saw 18 months,,
the battery lasts long enough to create a pile of branches just big enough to wear me out picking it up,,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JMZH1C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've had this same saw for several years in 18v, before they came out with the 20v. Even an 18v battery usually lasts as long as I want to use it, and if not I have other B&D tools that use the same battery so have plenty of batteries. I'm sure the 20v is even better, wish they would come out with an 18v to 20v adapter like DeWalt did.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I personally have the Echo PPT266H Telescopic Extendable Pole Saw. This is my first piece of Echo equipment the rest be Stihl. I am extremely happy. All I know is that whether it be an Echo or Stihl product, I will never go back to a manual trimmer. These are incredible tools.

·
Old Pa-pa
12,148 Posts
Have a 15 year old Homelite, if and when it goes out (parts about impossible to get now) will be buying a Stihl.

The Stihl KM 131 looks very tempting even with the old Homelite still running.

A friend has one and I tried it out, power wise it makes my old Homelite look pathetic.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts