Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to fence in a big portion of our 3 1/2 acre property over the fall and winter. The property is wooded with some rocks, but a lot of roots to deal with. I'm looking to buy a gas powered post driver and the options are a little overwhelming. I don't want to rent as this will probably take me some time to accomplish as I'll be clearing fence line as I go. I will be driving t-posts, but if it could drive round posts that would be a plus. I see that some use adapter sleeves for different post types. My plan would be to sell it after I get the work done, so I think putting a little more money into it up front, like getting one with a Honda engine, would help resell later.

What about air powered drivers? I'm not totally opposed to that, but I'd have to rig up the generator and a compressor on a carryall to use one of those. If they are a better option, I'd consider it.

I already have a manual driver that I use here and there, but am not interested in using it for the larger project.

Any experience with any powered products in particular?

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
:munch::munch:

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,692 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reactions: Bubber and BigJim55

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After doing all of the internet research that I have up to this point, I believe that I'll be sticking with a gas powered driver. I'm leaning towards the Titan PGD2875H. It's got a Honda engine, will drive posts up to 3" and only weights 28 pounds. It is a consumer oriented model and it's price is about mid range before you start throwing in pro models.

I've got a few more feelers out, but I need to get started soon. I just got a Tractor Supply 10% off coupon, so I'll be picking up supplies soon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My neighbor rented a similar gas powered post driver to sink a sand point well after we tried all kinds of methods-from manual to electric. The gas powered driver was clearly the right tool for that job. It was slick as can be.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
View attachment 472986

:gizmo:

I took Monday off to have a fence day, but it's supposed to rain, may be a little bit before I get to use it.
So what does it actually weigh, your link stated 28#, but the Specs page said 45#?

Reactions: Bubber

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I just weighed it. It's 23.6 pounds dry and 41 pounds in the case with the accessories. It came in a box, so that would push the shipping weight closer to 45#s.
I wanted to guess it was a net vs. shipping weight but the documents were not clear. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts