Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I am still trying to get that nozzle out of the tank. I went in with a sewer camera (a cheap one), and did not see it yet, but I am determined - Ideas submitted sofar:

Submersible Camera
Long hanger
Long reach pickup tool
arm and hand
Drain tank
Remove tank
Let it stay in there :D
Magnetic tip extraction tool

Anyone else got any ideas

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Drain tank, use hose to suc it out of there :D

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Can you find a picture on the net of what you are trying to get out. That would help a ton!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Good Point, let me try that................Hmmm.....................There's one.........Too small, ...............got one...... Here you go!

here is a good pic

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only the spout went in, the cap and washers stayed on the gas can

·
Registered
733 Posts
I dunno NURU :think: ...Now that i've seen the pic of whats in there, I think I'm gonna stick to my original assesment of pulling the tank....The spout thing is too "slick" to be easy to hook on with pretty much anything I can think of...:dunno:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave, if I can see it, and where it is, I think I can hook it. I also may be able to slip something around it and carefully remove it. Yep it does seem like it will be tough, but I got time.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
The sewer cam seems like it would be the trick! You could not see it. Was it a light issue? You could tie a small rope to a mag might and put it down there.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The camera, shows bettter video when it is not submerged in diesel fuel. Ii can try everything on the list once I locate it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gonna get some today and tomorrow to get that tank down a bit more.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
It feels like all I have been doing for the past three weeks is hauling diesel home. If you were close, I could put your tractor to work....... LOL

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I did not get a chance to peek into the tank with the camera yet, but I might get a chance today. Brian; How much fuel are you hauling? Do you have enough of a requirement to get a fuel trailer?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I don't know about a trailer, but I have thought of a tank on a pallet. My old GMC diesel had an auxilary tank in the back that would feed the main tank and also allow me to pump fuel out of it. I don't have anything in the half ton. So when I go to get diesel, I get 20 gallons. I have been doing that once a week.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well a magnetic isn't going to work.

I would try the camera and then extendable finger tool. I bet you could grab it with that.

I wonder if those nozzles float. Probably not.

The good news is the nozzle is made to work with fuels so I would guess it is not going to dissolve and plug up your injector pump or injectors....

D.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would run it out of fuel first then try the inspection camera, then see if I could fish it out with a stiff wire. If not I would say "Oh well", and move on until I had some other good reason to remove the tank.

I lost a metal spout in the tank of my 450 dozer many years ago, it may still be in there for all I know.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't know about a trailer, but I have thought of a tank on a pallet. My old GMC diesel had an auxilary tank in the back that would feed the main tank and also allow me to pump fuel out of it. I don't have anything in the half ton. So when I go to get diesel, I get 20 gallons. I have been doing that once a week.
tank on a pallet sounds good. And if you get one, large enough, you can have the fuel delivered at a good price.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.