Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so we have an issue with this gator 4x2 (not the ts in my sig)

When you go to release the parking brake it hangs about 3/4 of the way down but if you lift it back up slightly then it will drop. I know this isnt normal but does anybody know why this might be happening?

I will post a shorty video tomorrow of what i'm talking about im too tired and cold to do it now :p

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
OK so we have an issue with this gator 4x2 (not the ts in my sig)

When you go to release the parking brake it hangs about 3/4 of the way down but if you lift it back up slightly then it will drop. I know this isnt normal but does anybody know why this might be happening?

I will post a shorty video tomorrow of what i'm talking about im too tired and cold to do it now :P
:munch:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I was until I ended up without my phone thanks to an upgrade :p

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
well I was until I ended up without my phone thanks to an upgrade :p
If it isn't broke, fix it until it is! :laugh:

It sounds like you have part of the linkage hanging up somewhere. The parking brake lever simply pulls the same linkage that the brake pedal does, so if the pedal is working properly the problem is probably going to be right around the lever itself. I can take some pictures of our 4X2 later this weekend if you'd like. In the mean time, the following diagram is from JD Parts that shows all the individual components.

MP19160________UN02JUL98.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it's something around the lever but I'm not exactly sure what. And I don't know enough about gators to start guessing XD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts