Green Tractor Talk banner

Gator 620, building a glass windshield and roof

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  pcabe5 
#1 ·
Hi. New member here. I've undertaken a project to build a laminated glass windshield in metal frame and a metal roof for a 620i gator.

My current hurdle is that I need the dimensions for the front roll bar. I'm building this as a surprise gift for a friend and I cannot drive 4 hours each way to take the measurements. I've tried to find a 620i gator locally but had no such luck

The front windshield area has an odd shape in so much as it angles out and back in, width wise.

If anyone can please take a few minutes and measure the dimensions of the front roll bar openings, I'd be incredibly grateful. And I can post up pictures of my build and any specs folks would want.

Basic specs for now will be 14 gauge steel frame with 1/4" laminated glass mounted with windshield gasket. Roof will also be 14 gauge and will have fore and aft LED flood lights with an overhead interior switch panel and some dome lights. Budget is $300. I might add a wiper if I have time.

Really appreciate any help!! The attached sketch shows the dimensions i would ideally have. If someone is able to measure for me, couldyou please do so from the outside of the roll bars?

Thanks again for any assistance.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I read your recommended post and those prices are still much higher than I can build one for.....

Your post mentions you did a lot of measuring etc. If so do you still have the measurements handy? I'd very much appreciate them, if so.

I was able to find a local 825i and measure it today. Does anyone know if the 825i roll bar has the same front dimensions as a 620i?

Attachments

#5 ·
:banghead:not yet-we want some pics when ya get it all fixed up some. u can't just bait us on-and then shut the door on us:doorclose::lol:

#8 ·
Quick update. Frame is done. Dropping it off tomorrow at the windshield shop. Used 1/8"x2" flat bar, prepped primed and painted. Welded in small radius in the corners so they can run one strip of gasket instead of having to cut the corners. Looks nicer too.

Attachments

#10 ·
Got the glass installed. Used trim lok 1 piece locking gasket. Thing is VERY stout. Heading to Pennsylvania with it and the canopy on Friday to install this weekend. So I should have some finished pictures afterwards.

Cost ended up increasing due to the supplier screwing up and sending me the wrong gasket. Total windshield cost installed was $150 including gasket and glass.

Attachments

#11 ·
Installation went well. Only had to re-position 2 of the led lights. Everything else fit perfect. We cut the back window out of the old soft cover so it's only missing doors now. I'll have to tally the final cost but it was under $300 for everything.

Attachments

#12 ·
Looks good, Hokiegator . :good2:

#13 ·
Nice JOB.. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

Reactions: pcabe5 and PJR832
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.