Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to adjust the top speed on their Gator? I have a 625 and it does a Max speed of 24mph, i know it will go faster. Just wanted to see if anybody had and what did you do? thanks

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
Has anyone tried to adjust the top speed on their Gator? I have a 625 and it does a Max speed of 24mph, i know it will go faster. Just wanted to see if anybody had and what did you do? thanks
You can adjust the max throttle stop, well I guess I am not sure if it is fuel injection because my HPX is a carb.

Here is the problem though. I would have to look if max rpm is 3000 or 3500. Let’s say it is 3000 for sake of round numbers. Increase the rpm to 4000 and you gain 25% or in mph 30 instead of 24. It is just not enough difference to be that hard on the motor.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do you have a speed limiter kit installed?

Part diagram

John Deere 625i Operators Manual:

OMM159758_F0

Please report back on your findings.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a speed limiter kit installed?

Part diagram

John Deere 625i Operators Manual:

OMM159758_F0

Please report back on your findings.
I dont think so. i would have noticed that when i ran the wires for the light bars. But i will check again, thank you

·
Registered
374 Posts
Jason, any updates?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Can you find the part number on the Primary Clutch?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I will give it a look see. Will that help you figure out something???
I’m curious if this Gator may have a speed limiting Clutch installed?

·
Registered
374 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts