Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, Recently my 2015 John Deere 825i's electronic speedometer would not register over 15 MPH even though I knew I was going much faster. I ended up taking it into my dealer to have them trouble shoot and repair it. My dealer checked their D-TAC for a solution. They found a D-TAC solution 98282 listed for the problem. They reprogrammed my Gator's computer with it's tire size and corrected the problem. My Gator has OEM stock tires that have never been changed. The tires are in like new condition. The service tech said John Deere is aware of the problem but because my Gator is out of warranty I was changed $47.83 Labor, $2.00 Misc, and $4.08 sales tax Total: $53.91. I'm sharing this so if other owners have the same problem, this may be the fix for yours. My 825i has otherwise been an excellent UTV and it's used daily around our property.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I'd at least send an email to Deere Customer Service. Being that your gator can be operated on some roads and those roads have a speed limit for UTVs it becomes a safety issue. Speed limits are set for safety not ticket money generation. That doesn't mean it's going to become a NTSB issue, but I bet Deere doesn't want it to be. They just might want to cover it on an individual basis.

At least save your receipt to get reimbursed when the recall comes out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts