Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for experiences and opinions on gator blades for 60" drive over deck. I had them on and older 2720 with 62" deck. They worked OK but not much better than the stock blades. I have tried high lift blades and they throw grass and leaves everywhere.

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
Looking for experiences and opinions on gator blades for 60" drive over deck. I had them on and older 2720 with 62" deck. They worked OK but not much better than the stock blades. I have tried high lift blades and they throw grass and leaves everywhere.
I have them on a 72”. They do put out smaller clippings in fact it is very noticeable even while mowing. I do not think the lawn is as level looking. The wide deck and a farm type lawn already make it a challenge but I found I have to have the gauge wheels very close to the ground which was not the case with the factory blades. I have not switched back to confirm but I know what I did last year and this year and there is a difference.

·
Premium Member
13,677 Posts
I had them on my 2025 w/60d, they work just as well as advertised. But, I also have the mulch kit and when the grass is the slightest bit damp I found the smaller clippings would load up the under side of the deck quicker, so I took them off and am running the OEM blades that came with the mulch kit.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I had them on my 2025 w/60d, they work just as well as advertised. But, I also have the mulch kit and when the grass is the slightest bit damp I found the smaller clippings would load up the under side of the deck quicker, so I took them off and am running the OEM blades that came with the mulch kit.
This is what I've read most people experienced when putting gator blades on any mower with a mulching kit installed. They are not designed to work properly with a mulching kit installed since they are still high lift blades that move a ton of air. They're designed to fling grass up and out the side discharge... with the added function of chopping it up into dust. They work GREAT for what they're designed to do... blow grass clipping dust out the side discharge.

·
Premium Member
13,677 Posts
This is what I've read most people experienced when putting gator blades on any mower with a mulching kit installed. They are not designed to work properly with a mulching kit installed since they are still high lift blades that move a ton of air. They're designed to fling grass up and out the side discharge... with the added function of chopping it up into dust. They work GREAT for what they're designed to do... blow grass clipping dust out the side discharge.
I agree, but I'll still put them back on when it's time to mulch leaves.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
It's all I use on my 60" drive over deck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts