Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Gator CS electric dump kit that won't break the bank. JD get about $613.00.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I've been working on this exact project for my 4x2. It's really not that hard, or expensive to do yourself. While I don't think the beds are similar enough for my plans to work on your machine, I'd think you could find all the parts you need over on SurplusCenter.com.

The only real trick is getting the right length of actuator. The switch and relays are easy. I plan to use a JD switch so it looks factory, and two 30 amp relays from an auto parts store.

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
Kenny, Have you ever had any problems with yours. Sort of bothers me when they are of set like that.
Not one. And it's hauled/dumped a lot of heavy stumps up the road to dump in the neighbors bonfire.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the cargo lift kit from JD. The kit came in and I went to install it yesterday...............wrong kit. With all the work my wife is helping me with I really need this thing yesterday.
Dealer is putting a rush on the new order. Seems JD had a SN split on the 2005 Gator CS/CX for the Cargo Lift.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed the new (again) kit tonight..........my wife thinks I am a HERO. Works really nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have it on my turf model. Lemme know if you guys need anything...

More pictures here: https://picasaweb.google.com/113966569709555812037/Gator
Hi Kennyd,

Great pics on the actuator and LED lights.....they look great!

What year Turf Gator do you have; I have a 199 Turf Gator and I'm interested in installing the atuator like you did. The pics show what looks to be the same engine compartment as my Gator so I'm thinking whatever info you can give me would be great.

Thanks,
LarryGator

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
Welcome to GTT Larry!

Larry, my gator is a 2000 I think, and I did not install the dump kit-it was already there when I bought it (used).

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I would like to "rejuvenate" it!

I just bought a 2006 "TS" Gator to replace my 15+ year old 550 Mule. I would like to install a bed lift on it, but need to know what size actuator to get. I've worked with smaller actuators before (snowblower spout) so I'm not worried about the installation, just what length & weight actuator I need for this job.

I'll probably get one from Surplus Center as I've dealt with them before! ~~ Lowell

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not get one from Deere, the expense?

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Why not get one from Deere, the expense?
Exactly, the "kit" is around $700! Not sure if it's the right size, but a 500 lb./8" actuator from Surplus Center is around $200 shipped. Switch, wiring, etc. can't cost $500 extra. ~~ Lowell

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
I'll try to measure mine shortly...

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
The problem I ran into was that the 4x2 Gator uses a cylinder that measures about 16" collapsed and 20" extended. My numbers may be off, it's been a while. In any case I do recall not being able to find an actuator the right size anywhere but Deere.

If nothing else, you might be able to buy just the actuator from JD and do the rest yourself.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
The problem I ran into was that the 4x2 Gator uses a cylinder that measures about 16" collapsed and 20" extended. My numbers may be off, it's been a while. In any case I do recall not being able to find an actuator the right size anywhere but Deere.

If nothing else, you might be able to buy just the actuator from JD and do the rest yourself.
I checked that on jdparts: $887.15 for just the actuator! The "kit" on ebay is $699, shipped, may have to go that route but I'd rather spend that much if I can help it. ~~ Lowell

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exactly, the "kit" is around $700! Not sure if it's the right size, but a 500 lb./8" actuator from Surplus Center is around $200 shipped. Switch, wiring, etc. can't cost $500 extra. ~~ Lowell
Yeah but ya forgot about the John Deere sticker and they are where the money is!:laugh:
Kidding aside, We needed all the brackets also.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Yeah but ya forgot about the John Deere sticker and they are where the money is!:laugh:
Kidding aside, We needed all the brackets also.
The frame bracket is on mine, haven't checked the bed bracket yet. ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
I checked this afternoon, The extended length c/l to c/l of the pin holes looks to be 20". Found a 1000# actuator from Surplus Center that is 19-3/4" (extended) for around $250. Stroke on it is 5.31", anybody know what length stroke I need on the Gator? ~~ Lowell

1 - 20 of 27 Posts