Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor ole 4x2 was missing the rear fenders when I bought it. I priced replacements from JD, and they were going to be expensive. For a while, I just put up with having a muddy Gator.

Fixed that, though! :good2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliments. They were originally a flat piece of steel about 7' long and 8" wide.

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. They're braced and attached to the bottom of the bed with a piece of angle as well as bolting through the factory bolt slots on the side of the bed. I want to add a short rubber mud flap to the rear. I was going to leave the back of the fender longer, but wanted to make sure there was no interference when dumping the bed.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Heres what I done on my HPX. The HPXs had a mud flap on the front of the rear fender. I bought another one of those, mounted it on the rear of the fender then added a cheap rear seat car mat to extend it down. The car flap is real loose so it flops around and folds up when you dump. I did add some small chains on the rears and you have to really be careful when backing up to a pile, due to the flap getting under the tire. Not good results. :nunu:

P1010962.jpg P1010966.jpg P1010967.jpg P1010965.jpg P1010963.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts