Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found the slow leak in one of the Gator rear tires. i would fill the tire and get between 3 days to a week out of it. I was suspecting a bad valve core since it seemed to leak at a different rate each time we filled it. Today I pulled the wheel, pressure washed and poured soapy water over it. I still didn't see or hear it so I thought I would fill a wheel barrow full of water to suberge it in, but when I got back to the soaped up tire it had one spot with a foam trail leak down the tire. Upon inspection I found what looks like the end of a rusty nail. I then popped one bead loose and slid it off the wheel, scuffed the tire, and applied a patch. Remounted the tire and installed it. Hopefully it will still be holding air in the morning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Makes you wonder how the tires hold up driving around when something that small makes one go flat? Some how I got a Rail Road spike in the side wall of a tire on my tender. I got off the fire and all the way when I saw it? Went between the ply's and did not leak any air?? Had to get another tire on that one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes you wonder how the tires hold up driving around when something that small makes one go flat? Some how I got a Rail Road spike in the side wall of a tire on my tender. I got off the fire and all the way when I saw it? Went between the ply's and did not leak any air?? Had to get another tire on that one.
These are only 2 ply tires. I think if it had gone into a tread lug rather than in between where it the thinnest it wouldn't have punctured the tire.

Got any snow over there on the East side? Its been pretty mild over here on the west side.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
These are only 2 ply tires. I think if it had gone into a tread lug rather than in between where it the thinnest it wouldn't have punctured the tire.

Got any snow over there on the East side? Its been pretty mild over here on the west side.
We are all white with snow but I am at the 2800 ft level outside of Okanogan on the Colville Reservation. We have been getting 3-4 inches at a time then it goes away? Not normal for here we should have 2 ft plus on the ground and deeper in other places with drifting up to 3-4 ft in many places? Been a real mild winter so far and a whopping 1 1/2" coming this Thursday and Friday? We still can get some big snow in February cause winter is not over yet for us? Have seen water in places and that is rare for this time of the year??? Even our county road had a little mud on it the last few day from a heat wave in the high 40s that came thru! This is what we have right now on the ground. 100_2783.JPG 100_2785.JPG 100_2788.JPG 100_2852.JPG 100_2718.JPG

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are all white with snow but I am at the 2800 ft level outside of Okanogan on the Colville Reservation. We have been getting 3-4 inches at a time then it goes away? Not normal for here we should have 2 ft plus on the ground and deeper in other places with drifting up to 3-4 ft in many places? Been a real mild winter so far and a whopping 1 1/2" coming this Thursday and Friday? We still can get some big snow in February cause winter is not over yet for us? Have seen water in places and that is rare for this time of the year??? Even our county road had a little mud on it the last few day from a heat wave in the high 40s that came thru! This is what we have right now on the ground.
Looks good to me. I forgot what snow looks like. We are only about 20 ft of elevation here.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tire was still up when I checked it today. Good to see it didn't have a second leak that I missed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The tire was still up when I checked it today. Good to see it didn't have a second leak that I missed.
How is the repair holding?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts