Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a new 1023e with a 54d auto connect deck 120h loader and I would like some gator blades for it but what is the difference between the magnum & fussion gator blades? They even have the same part # eh???? Or the G5, G6 etc?
I noticed the dia of the hole & length of blade is different on Gator Magnum... 19" long & blade hole size is 13/16" and Gator Fusion...... 18 29/32 long & blade hole size is 51/64"
So my question would be which ones work best for my application?
Info from mowtownusa

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Nobody has anything on this eh?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I'll tell you why.... it's because you left out the "Eh"!

I can't answer your question as I have no experience with these blades, perhaps that is the case with others eh?

Reactions: chester7

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have read elsewhere that people have had problems with the Gator blades and deck mulch kits. The length of the blades is just slightly longer thay stock blades and sometimes they strike each other.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll tell you why.... it's because you left out the "Eh"!

I can't answer your question as I have no experience with these blades, perhaps that is the case with others eh?
I fixed that my bad must have been in a hurry and forgot it eh

·
Registered
2,978 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
54D & Oregon Blades

I have a 54D with mulch kit and use Oregon G6 blades with great results. I do keep up on my lawn but its also no baseball field either. I did run into issues with clearance but it wasn't an issue with blades hitting. The outer "lift tine" rubbed where the mulch kit would become shallow so I just ground down about a 1/4" of the tine and checked balance. The blade closest to the chute and middle I had to do. I've already mowed 4 times and these blades show virtually no wear. About an hour and a half job each time.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I just ordered a set of G6 blades for my Ztrak from here Forrest Depot. Here is a link to the blade you would need. It is a couple bucks cheaper than the place you mentioned but not sure on if shipping will make any difference. For my 3 blades which are a little bigger it was $9 for the shipping but I think it is flat rate so it would be the same for you.

Search - 396-706

I haven't used them yet so I won't comment yet but from what I have read on the commercial mowing sites they are very popular. One thing I noticed though is that the cut will be about 1/4" lower with the G6 than what the Predator2 blades that I picked up from the dealer will do. You you might want to verify that if you go with them as you may want to adjust your HOC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts