Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife,daughter and grandaughter left for a gator ride this evening. I decided to stay at home, since grandaughter and I had gone on a 2 hr ride this afternoon.
Kept wondering where they were it was 8:15 and grandaughter needs home to get ready for school tomorrow. Found out about a min later got a phone call from daughter ,,,RAN OUT OF GAS ,,about 3miles from home. So I took gas to them ,wife and I brought gator home ,daughter and grandaughter brought our car.
I'm guessing next time they will check the amount of gas in tank or maybe not.. wishful thinking !!!!

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
:lol: Woops! That's something that won't happen twice!

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I am not sure what gator you have, but my old 850D XUV was easy to overlook the fuel guage. I cannot tell you how many times I happened to look down after out int he field and see the needle resting on E. Many times I would misread the guage thinking empty was full. I can see how easily that can happen.

I am hoping the new diesel model has the same dash as the gas model as I believe it has the fuel guage right in front of you.

On edit: I researched and JD does not have the digital dash on the 855 because it does not have an ecu like the 825i to feed it information. :( I will still be happier cruising around knowing the engine is not turning 5,000 rpm's all the time.

·
Premium Member
14,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the wife bought the xuv550 S4 4 seater Mid Duty.. The only way to tell how much fuel is to look back and under the rear seat. There is a 1" or 1 1/2" wide slot in panel to show the side of the fuel tank.
Thankfully I stated home or we would've been calling the FIL to bring us some gas or I would have been walking down to the house guessing it would have taken 45-60 min to walk home . At first I was thinking 3 miles it was closer to 5 .
Saying about the fuel gauge on gator sounds like the one on the 1026r being down on fender instead of on the dash. I won't say I hate the gauge on fender but I'm not totally happy either. I've misread mine on the 1026r , It's good when your filling the tank you can see tell how much fuel is in the tnk.
I did do the 50 hr maint tonight befor they left for ride and I did fill it up. 3 grease fittings checked front and rear diff . I did find the front diff low by 2 oz. guessing it must have been low or close to being low when it was delivered.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well the wife bought the xuv550 S4 4 seater Mid Duty.. The only way to tell how much fuel is to look back and under the rear seat. There is a 1" or 1 1/2" wide slot in panel to show the side of the fuel tank.
Thankfully I stated home or we would've been calling the FIL to bring us some gas or I would have been walking down to the house guessing it would have taken 45-60 min to walk home . At first I was thinking 3 miles it was closer to 5 .
Saying about the fuel gauge on gator sounds like the one on the 1026r being down on fender instead of on the dash. I won't say I hate the gauge on fender but I'm not totally happy either. I've misread mine on the 1026r , It's good when your filling the tank you can see tell how much fuel is in the tnk.
I did do the 50 hr maint tonight befor they left for ride and I did fill it up. 3 grease fittings checked front and rear diff . I did find the front diff low by 2 oz. guessing it must have been low or close to being low when it was delivered.
Glad you got them back safe and sound. :thumbup1gif:

Were your filters on tight? How 'bout the hex bolt on the trans filter screen?

·
Premium Member
14,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oil filter when I changed it wasn't tight and trans diff nut wasn't all that bad. Pretty easy service for this one. Hardest part was adding fluid in front diff. Then I remembered I had a suction type plunger with 1/4" hose . When I change frnt fluid at 100hrs I might take the front wheel off just to make it easier to see what is going on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts