Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make side extensions for the TS gator? I don't see any factory options. I am in the market for a new work series gator and I see JD is running a special.

I am trying to justify spending the extra money for the TX model to get the deluxe cargo box, but it's another 1,300 dollars more. Size wise the TS is fine, but I'd need side extensions as it would be hauling a lot of loose/light materials. I suppose I could probably build something, but that requires another "project" and time I don't have!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deere makes one, BM22572. Not cheap though, $537
That only fits the deluxe cargo box models starting with the TX series.

I've actually been eyeing the XUV560E crossover as well. It's smaller but boost a lot of features that is price friendly, including 4WD. They make all kids of accessories for those!

I'm just not sure how rugged they are compared to a traditional gator.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Deere makes one, BM22572. Not cheap though, $537
That only fits the deluxe cargo box models starting with the TX series.

I've actually been eyeing the XUV560E crossover as well. It's smaller but boost a lot of features that is price friendly, including 4WD. They make all kids of accessories for those!

I'm just not sure how rugged they are compared to a traditional gator.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that.
BM22572 fit's the TS, early TX (-050,000) before they came out with the deluxe bed, hpx, older xuv's.
BM22774 fits later TX (050,001-) and later XUV.

PC9460 is the TS parts book
PC9461 is the TX parts book

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also remember that the TX has a 5 inch higher bed than the TS, so if you load/unload it manually, that's 5 inches higher everything has to be lifted, and the 'crossover'
xuv's are even higher.

I grabbed 3 chunks of scrap ply, trimmed them to fit, then stuck some scrap chunks of 2x4 on the inside front corners and added a couple of screws.
Not pretty, but holds lots of wood chips. Didn't bother with a taller back, just front and sides. Don't even remember how I kept it from falling out when I dumped,
maybe just picked it up and put it back in....

my dealer keeps trying to talk me into an HPX, but they're kind of spendy for the way I treat the gator. Runs all winter taking feed to the cattle, 10 minutes at dawn,
10 minutes around sunsest. Really hard on it, but it keeps on ticking....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that.
BM22572 fit's the TS, early TX (-050,000) before they came out with the deluxe bed, hpx, older xuv's.
BM22774 fits later TX (050,001-) and later XUV.

PC9460 is the TS parts book
PC9461 is the TX parts book
Thank you for that info! I stand corrected! Pricey for a few pieces, but it's JD so I understand :hide:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also remember that the TX has a 5 inch higher bed than the TS, so if you load/unload it manually, that's 5 inches higher everything has to be lifted, and the 'crossover'
xuv's are even higher.

I grabbed 3 chunks of scrap ply, trimmed them to fit, then stuck some scrap chunks of 2x4 on the inside front corners and added a couple of screws.
Not pretty, but holds lots of wood chips. Didn't bother with a taller back, just front and sides. Don't even remember how I kept it from falling out when I dumped,
maybe just picked it up and put it back in....

my dealer keeps trying to talk me into an HPX, but they're kind of spendy for the way I treat the gator. Runs all winter taking feed to the cattle, 10 minutes at dawn,
10 minutes around sunsest. Really hard on it, but it keeps on ticking....
Thanks for this. That's my biggest hesitation is the reliability. When I start looking at 4wd and XUV's, I've got a lot more items to maintain. CV axles, front and rear bushings, brakes at the wheels, etc all add to maintenance. A buddy of mine just had to replace 2 CV boots due to cuts from woody sticks.

Can't get any simpler on a TS though..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts