Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My tractor’s gauge cluster, meaning the fuel gauge and temp gauge, work fine when the pto is not engaged. But when you engage the pto the gas gauge goes to full and the temp gauge goes to overheat. Anyone else have this is issue and any fixes for it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try cleaning the connections for starters, when I got my new to me x595 the cluster worked part time until tore the dash apart and cleaned everything! Filthy, all the dirt and debris pass by the cluster and wire connectors before it hits radiator. Worked beautifully for me. Like new!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
Try cleaning the connections for starters, when I got my new to me x595 the cluster worked part time until tore the dash apart and cleaned everything! Filthy, all the dirt and debris pass by the cluster and wire connectors before it hits radiator. Worked beautifully for me. Like new!

If that does not work, you may have to take the cluster apart and check for bad/cracked solder joints at the connector pins. Sounds like a bad ground connector.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
As Zebrafive mentioned, I had this exact issue on my X585. Soldier joints failed on the cluster. I opened it up. Desoldiered the joints and resoldiered them. This corrected the issue for me. Of course the other fix is a new cluster but they are pretty spendy.

If you want to read the entire thread where I went through my X585 it is here.

Refreshing a X585

If you jump to this link you can see where I fixed my cluster which was one part of several things that I worked on over the course of a month or so.

Refreshing a X585 - Page 3

·
Registered
18 Posts
As Zebrafive mentioned, I had this exact issue on my X585. Soldier joints failed on the cluster. I opened it up. Desoldiered the joints and resoldiered them. This corrected the issue for me. Of course the other fix is a new cluster but they are pretty spendy.

If you want to read the entire thread where I went through my X585 it is here.

Refreshing a X585

If you jump to this link you can see where I fixed my cluster which was one part of several things that I worked on over the course of a month or so.

Refreshing a X585 - Page 3
Any idea why your links won't open for me? I'm using Tapatalk. Would love to see what you did. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts