Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I start my tractor and let it warm up, if I increase the idle speed to ~1000 RPM or above, the gauges will quit. If I am traveling, the LEft Hand reverser will also trip out. Shut the tractor off and restart and it will run fine and give the same symptoms. It did seem that if i warmed it up enough before increasing the engine speed, this wouldn't happen but temperature no longer seems to be the deciding factor.

When it does decide that it is going to cooperate, the Stop and Owners's manual lights blink twice and then everything works fine after that point.

Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Electronically controlled functions are great when operating correctly & a nightmare when they fail. Sorry but I can't help you with your tractors problems. I'm glad my tractors have manual controlled functions

·
Registered
971 Posts
After I start my tractor and let it warm up, if I increase the idle speed to ~1000 RPM or above, the gauges will quit. If I am traveling, the LEft Hand reverser will also trip out. Shut the tractor off and restart and it will run fine and give the same symptoms. It did seem that if i warmed it up enough before increasing the engine speed, this wouldn't happen but temperature no longer seems to be the deciding factor.

When it does decide that it is going to cooperate, the Stop and Owners's manual lights blink twice and then everything works fine after that point.

Anyone have any insight?
Are you saying that if engine is left at slow idle that gauges continue to work and left hand reverser works properly? DO all gauges quit including fuel gauge, temp gauge, etc? If all gauges are quitting then most likely there is a loose connection or bad ground. If tach only quits then maybe the engine speed sensor is going bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JD110, you have it right. If I keep the tractor at idle everything seems fine. If I rev it up, the left hand reverser trips out and then tach goes to dashes and the other gauges slowly disappear. I have had the engine speed sensor changed and then I changed 2 diodes as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

As an update, the Left Hand Reverser was changed with no gain. Eventually the CCU was replaced and that seems to have fixed the problem. Because of the time of the year, I haven't been using the tractor but it seems good so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts