Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested my hydraulic pressure today and it showed 2100 psi. My service manual says spec is 2421 give or take 71 psi. Can anyone tell me where to get the shims needed for adjustment? They are shown in the service manual, but I cant find a part number reference for them. They are shown as B In the second pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
I believe the highlighted item below is the shims you are looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I tested my hydraulic pressure today and it showed 2100 psi. My service manual says spec is 2421 give or take 71 psi. Can anyone tell me where to get the shims needed for adjustment? They are shown in the service manual, but I cant find a part number reference for them. They are shown as B In the second pic.
Is your machine not under warranty anymore? Your dealer ‘should’ adjust non spec system pressure under warranty or possibly as a relatively inexpensive service item.

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
Is your machine not under warranty anymore? Your dealer ‘should’ adjust non spec system pressure under warranty or possibly as a relatively inexpensive service item.
The last year of production for the Gen-1 2025R was 2016.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My machine is a model year 2015. Nonl9nger under warranty. I have suspected this for a couple of years, but just now got around to testing. I would prefer to fix vs my dealer. If they cant set it up properly, then I don't want them working on it anymore.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the highlighted item below is the shims you are looking for.
This is why I am confused. The picture you posted isnt what I see. I have heard both. Is your post from a gen 1?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The last year of production for the Gen-1 2025R was 2016.
Granted, no questions there. But I do know there was a point somewhere that Deere started 6yr power train warranties.. as I don’t have one of the machines on the cusp of either side of the break I haven’t committed the time of the changeover to memory. Hence I was in all honesty asking the OP if his machine had such a warranty.

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
This is why I am confused. The picture you posted isnt what I see. I have heard both. Is your post from a gen 1?
Yes, absolutely Gen-1. Can you post a more complete view of the page with the red arrow showing where the relief valve is? I had a hard time finding something that looked like your partial photo. The components they are pointing to are not in the pump, that photo appears to be the rock shaft hydraulic control. Below is a large section of the parts illustration.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
My machine is a model year 2015. Nonl9nger under warranty. I have suspected this for a couple of years, but just now got around to testing. I would prefer to fix vs my dealer. If they cant set it up properly, then I don't want them working on it anymore.

Your not likely to always have that option, especially if they are the only available dealer to you. Lots of specialized diagnostic and testing tools described in the shop manual-your dealer is the only likely source of them and at least passing knowledge on their use.

Additionally, I’m not sure properly setting hydraulic relief pressure is part of the assembly and prep a dealer. It’s possible it’s on a machine sales checklist to verify it, but that part of the assembly and testing should happen at the factory

Regardless, it could have been a simple oversight-until you ask and see what their response is to it testing low you don’t know what kind of character your dealer really has. Everyone is human and makes mistakes-it’s how they remedy them and maintain you as a customer that counts in the end.

Reactions: jd1020

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
Your not likely to always have that option, especially if they are the only available dealer to you. Lots of specialized diagnostic and testing tools described in the shop manual-your dealer is the only likely source of them and at least passing knowledge on their use.

Additionally, I’m not sure properly setting hydraulic relief pressure is part of the assembly and prep a dealer. It’s possible it’s on a machine sales checklist to verify it, but that part of the assembly and testing should happen at the factory

Regardless, it could have been a simple oversight-until you ask and see what their response is to it testing low you don’t know what kind of character your dealer really has. Everyone is human and makes mistakes-it’s how they remedy them and maintain you as a customer that counts in the end.
Given that there are multiple relief valves (hydrostatic transmission pressure, SCV port pressure, etc.) I think it's safe to say that unless something is noticeably not working correctly there is no way they are going to disassemble the tractor to perform hydraulic tests as part of any setup process.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Given that there are multiple relief valves (hydrostatic transmission pressure, SCV port pressure, etc.) I think it's safe to say that unless something is noticeably not working correctly there is no way they are going to disassemble the tractor to perform hydraulic tests as part of any setup process.
I appreciate both your input. I didnt mean to come across that the dealer should be checking the hydraulic pressure as part of the initial setup.

I had a long difficult time with my machine after initial purchase. The setup and response to my concerns were not confidence building to say the least. I will no return there unless absolutely necessary. Although not my primary occupation, I have enough mechanical ability to follow the peocedure for adjusting the hydraulic relief procedure in the technical manual. My machine was repeatedly setup incorrectly by someone barely out of high school with poor ability and/or lack of work ethic. Unfortunately the salesman and the service manager were both disinterested in helping with the issue. I have not been back in over 400 hours of use, and dont intend to.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, absolutely Gen-1. Can you post a more complete view of the page with the red arrow showing where the relief valve is? I had a hard time finding something that looked like your partial photo. The components they are pointing to are not in the pump, that photo appears to be the rock shaft hydraulic control. Below is a large section of the parts illustration.
I did cut little off of the bottom. They are the two pages that describe adjusting the pressure in my service manual.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
I did cut little off of the bottom. They are the two pages that describe adjusting the pressure in my service manual.
Thanks. That confirms what my previous diagram was showing. The pressure adjustment is on the rockshaft housing, not back at the pump. Does that make sense now?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I appreciate both your input. I didnt mean to come across that the dealer should be checking the hydraulic pressure as part of the initial setup.

I had a long difficult time with my machine after initial purchase. The setup and response to my concerns were not confidence building to say the least. I will no return there unless absolutely necessary. Although not my primary occupation, I have enough mechanical ability to follow the peocedure for adjusting the hydraulic relief procedure in the technical manual. My machine was repeatedly setup incorrectly by someone barely out of high school with poor ability and/or lack of work ethic. Unfortunately the salesman and the service manager were both disinterested in helping with the issue. I have not been back in over 400 hours of use, and dont intend to.
Thanks for the explanation and clarification, that does change things some and I’d say you’d have reason to be hesitant. The only point I’d make in this situation is that your likely to have a real mechanic tech do this work as opposed to the lower grade assembly tech who setup (mid-setup) your machine. So the actual repair of the pressure adjustment should go better than the previous work there...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. That confirms what my previous diagram was showing. The pressure adjustment is on the rockshaft housing, not back at the pump. Does that make sense now?
It does make sense. I'm just trying to be sure that I get the correct shims. The original and clarification pics are from my service manual. The below pics are from the JD parts catalog. However, the part numbers listed when I look them up are different than those you posted. Also, there are two different parts listed as "shims" in the parts catalog, neither of which are the same as what you posted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
It does make sense. I'm just trying to be sure that I get the correct shims. The original and clarification pics are from my service manual. The below pics are from the JD parts catalog. However, the part numbers listed when I look them up are different than those you posted. Also, there are two different parts listed as "shims" in the parts catalog, neither of which are the same as what you posted.
Yes, but the illustration you are showing is for the hydraulic pump. The pages that you copied from the manual show adjusting the pressure by changing the shims in the Rock Shaft Valve. So you need to go to the rock shaft valve parts breakdown (which is what I listed initially). Of course they are going to be different.

The illustrations that I posted match exactly what is shown in your manual.

You need to look at the specific shims that are shown as #12 on the relief valve shown in your manual, which again, is the illustration that I listed.

Now... I have no idea why they are adjusting the pressure by changing shims in the rock shaft valve and I have no way of knowing where else in your manual there are pressure adjustment procedures. But the pages that you copied match the parts and diagram that I listed.

Go to the Gen-1 2025R parts, select "Hydraulics" and then select "Rockshaft Hydraulic Control".

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, but the illustration you are showing is for the hydraulic pump. The pages that you copied from the manual show adjusting the pressure by changing the shims in the Rock Shaft Valve. So you need to go to the rock shaft valve parts breakdown (which is what I listed initially). Of course they are going to be different.

The illustrations that I posted match exactly what is shown in your manual.

You need to look at the specific shims that are shown as #12 on the relief valve shown in your manual, which again, is the illustration that I listed.

Now... I have no idea why they are adjusting the pressure by changing shims in the rock shaft valve and I have no way of knowing where else in your manual there are pressure adjustment procedures. But the pages that you copied match the parts and diagram that I listed.

Go to the Gen-1 2025R parts, select "Hydraulics" and then select "Rockshaft Hydraulic Control".
This is why I am wondering if you are looking at the same page in the parts catalog. For my gen 1, these are what I see. There is no option for "rockshaft hydraulic control"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
This is why I am wondering if you are looking at the same page in the parts catalog. For my gen 1, these are what I see. There is no option for "rockshaft hydraulic control"
Hmmm... it appears you are using a smart phone to access the parts list. It's possible that the list isn't displaying properly on the phone's browser. Below is the sub-menu list as seen on a PC. As you can see, on down the list is the sub-menu choice for "Rockshaft Hydraulic Control".

Attachments

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 18 of 18 Posts