Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a new to me gen 1 2025r. I was out playing with it last night and I noticed quite a bit of "slop" in the curl function of the loader. When i say slop I am talking about the bucket moving while the SCV is centered. For example if I curl the bucket out and try to use it to back blade the bucket will then curl in 10-15 degrees when I put the weight of the tractor on the bucket and start backing up. If I then want to curl in there is a pause as the fluid builds pressure in the curl cylinders.

I have an old 445 and it has similar behaviors if I do not close the lockout valve on the deck lift hydraulic cylinder.

I know my 2025r has a hydraulic lift cylinder connected to the curl function of the loader SCV but I unplug that (singular) hose when I hook up the 4 hoses for the loader control. I would think that removes the deck lift cylinder from the circuit. Any tips? I have looked through the tractor technical manual but did not find anything on this topic. Maybe it is in the loader tech manual? Which I do not have.

·
Super Moderator
5,384 Posts
What RPM is your machine running at while you are doing all of this?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What RPM is your machine running at while you are doing all of this?
I was running about 2,000 RPM yesterday while doing this. Why do you ask?

·
Administrator
21,133 Posts
Did you go too far to the right and bump into Regen mode? You’re describing it to the T.

There’s a great article in our tech library on Regen, what it is and does.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you go too far to the right and bump into Regen mode? You’re describing it to the T.

There’s a great article in our tech library on Regen, what it is and does.
I have never heard of loader regen and bumping to the right.

I used to work for Cummins so I am very familiar with DPF regen but never anything to do with a loader control.

·
Administrator
21,133 Posts
Two totally different things. :laugh:

In short, Regen on a loader is another detent found the the extreme right on your loader joystick. It allows for a faster dump, but tends to cause “floppy bucket syndrome.” This is normal, nothing you can do but not use Regen mode.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a bit more information I forgot to post in the opening post.

When I was testing the MMM around my yard, I could raise and lower the deck wit the loader plugged in and attached. If I curled out, pushed to the right, the deck would raise. This was all with the single hydraulic mower hose unplugged.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two totally different things. :laugh:

In short, Regen on a loader is another detent found the the extreme right on your loader joystick. It allows for a faster dump, but tends to cause “floppy bucket syndrome.” This is normal, nothing you can do but not use Regen mode.
Learn something new everyday, It sound like float for dumping?

·
Administrator
21,133 Posts
No sir, not float at all. Check out that article I referenced earlier in our tech library. It’ll make a lot more sense.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found the technical article on loader regen.

GreenTractorTalk.com - John Deere Forum )

I posted it here so others reading this thread can find it. I will have to do more testing to see if this is what was happening.

Reactions: dieselshadow

·
Super Moderator
5,384 Posts
I was running about 2,000 RPM yesterday while doing this. Why do you ask?
I ask because the 2025R only has one Hydro pump, it doesn't have a huge capacity and it's performance is directly linked to engine speed. I forget the exact rating but it's somewhere in the range of 5 gallons/minute but that's at rated speed of 3000 RPM.

So if you are operating at 1,000 RPM, you're pump is only operating at 1/3rd of it's capacity. At 2000 RPM it's running at 2/3rds capacity. Running at lower than rated rpm will cause your hydro system response to be sluggish because it isn't pumping as much fluid through the system as it should.

None of that will explain the "sloppy bucket" but it may explain your pause issue when you operate the controls.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did some more testing and pushed the loader lever all the way to the right and did not notice a quick dump. Albeit I did not have any weight to work with I was just doing some testing in the driveway. I checked to see if my mmm arms were moving up and down and they are not.

Maybe it is something that I just need to get used to.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have driven the tractor/loader a few more times now and have not been able to push left and get it into an obvious regen. For those of you with regen when you do "fast dump" is it obvious? What happens if you keep it way to the right? does it eventually build pressure or does it stay in the bypass mode?

I hear there are regen lockouts on other tractors but I have not seen any posts for them on the gen 1 2025r here on GTT.

THe bucket still is a little floppy. It happens primarily when curling out then setting the cutting edge on a pile and backing up. The bucket will then curl in 4-6" or so before it stops. I am already starting to get used to it.

One thing i'd have to say I am noticing is what appears to be limited traction. With my 445 and chains on the turfs I could get the hydrostatic pressure relief valve to let go pretty often and it felt like the tires were biting hard into the ground.

With the 2025r, even with 4wd and diff lock, it will spin the tires pretty easily at just idle. I am working in some very wet ground but just noticing that the 4wd isnt quite as good as I thought it would be. Chains might need to be my next purchase... but likely behind a tooth bar. I am missing my piranha tooth bar bad. I also loaded my tires on the 445 which made a big difference. I have not loaded on the 2025r yet... still deciding as I wanted to keep it light on the grass.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It certainly sounds like you need more ballast, tires spinning at idle with no traction? Your machine is too light.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It certainly sounds like you need more ballast, tires spinning at idle with no traction? Your machine is too light.
Probably. The ground is wet and clay and mud. I have a bb on with 6 42 lb weights in it.

I did get enough traction to dig out that rock.

I'm learning the capabilities better. Barely noticing the flopppy bucket anymore.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Probably. The ground is wet and clay and mud. I have a bb on with 6 42 lb weights in it.

I did get enough traction to dig out that rock.

I'm learning the capabilities better. Barely noticing the flopppy bucket anymore.
A BB with 252# of added weight probably sounds like enough but with the length away from your rear axle it sits, it’s probably just Ok, your loader manual will likely say that much weight on your 3pt hitch PLUS wheel weights or loaded tires is PROPER ballast.

Regardless those muddy slippery conditions aren’t easy but you look to be learned the machine well enough to get the rock out and to operate past any apparent first glance loader issues.

More practice and you’ll be a pro!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts