Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When mowing I would like to use the cruise control. With the mid pto at 2150 rpm(speed lever on full), forward pedal depressed all the way down, I pull up on the cruise control lever holding it up for few seconds. The problem I'm having is the forward speed slows noticeably. It never locks onto the speed at which
I activate the cruise.

This is a problem for me since it increases the mowing time and takes more fuel..

Does any one else have the same issue and if so, is there a fix.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
15,087 Posts
Can't say about the 2025r , but

x738, my 1025r , when I had my 1026r and thinking 2305 had cruise ,,all the same as yours slows down when trying to use cruise.

IMO NORMAL

Reactions: Ray_PA and PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Can't say about the 2025r , but

x738, my 1025r , when I had my 1026r and thinking 2305 had cruise ,,all the same as yours slows down when trying to use cruise.

IMO NORMAL
I agree, normal, it to is designed back off a little from full so you can disengage by pressing the pedal back to full.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, normal, it to is designed back off a little from full so you can disengage by pressing the pedal back to full.
You're right .. never thought about the pedal needed to be just shy of full on cruise.

I was hoping for a solution to keep cruise speed at full throttle.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
John Deere's "cruise control" is just a propel pedal lock and because the lock is a ratchet, as others have said, to enable the ability to disengage the "cruise control", there has to be some allowable movement of the propel linkage in the engage direction to allow the ratchet to release.

If you are not mowing in hi-range, maybe use high range and only depress the propel pedal part way down and lock the cruise control there. :dunno:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John Deere's "cruise control" is just a propel pedal lock and because the lock is a ratchet, as others have said, to enable the ability to disengage the "cruise control", there has to be some allowable movement of the propel linkage in the engage direction to allow the ratchet to release.

If you are not mowing in hi-range, maybe use high range and only depress the propel pedal part way down and lock the cruise control there. :dunno:
I did try using hi-range and set pedal part way. I am mowing on moderately hilly land without problems in low range and constant speed;however, in high range on the down slope the cruise does not work and the tractor speeds up dangerously fast. I had a gear driven JD 770 for 25 years it always maintained a constant speed on level or hilly slopes.

The 2025R has a hydro-static tranny which i am trying to get used to. Is there something I need to be aware of when in high range to prevent it from
speeding up when in speed control? I would have expected a reasonably constant speed on level and moderate slopes.

Charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts