Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using my 2032R (175 hours) lately for intermittent loader work as I set posts. Short run time, low load, perfect conditions to build up soot in the DPF. Unsurprisingly, it triggered a regen, the 6th one, so I left it at the 1500 minimum throttle and went off to set some posts while it did its thing. When I left the soot level was 74%, when I came back 30 minutes later it was 75%. Has anyone experienced this? I ended up setting it at full throttle and driving it up and down my hill 10 times to load the engine, then parked it at full throttle to complete the regen. Overall, it took well over an hour, it seems to me like something isn't functioning correctly, any ideas or similar experiences?

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
An hour seems long to me, but I've never just let it sit. I either keep working or find something else to do.

I tend to monitor the soot level so I know when I am getting close and try and plan accordingly.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
An hour seems long to me, but I've never just let it sit. I either keep working or find something else to do.

I tend to monitor the soot level so I know when I am getting close and try and plan accordingly.
Same here, except I usually set the throttle to 2000-2200 RPM instead of 1500. It will usually drop the soot level to 0% in less than 15 minutes. The first time I was running the wood chipper and just kept feeding it, the second time I was pulling a disc in the field, the third time I just drove it around the field while it did it’s Active Regen. Without any load it took about 45 minutes. The fourth time I was mowing and it was back down to 15 minutes. I’m at about 190 hrs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is exactly why I shopped for almost a year to find a pre emission 4WD loader tractor in the 33HP range to run the air blast sprayer in the orchard. Found a 2002 with 398 hours on it. Runs like a top.
DSCF0003.JPG

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Satch. Next time don’t leave it at the minimum that it requires. I did the same thing once and it was going nowhere fast so I did the 2000 To 2200 and it was much better. Mowing or doing other things help a lot as does a warm day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts