Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started off a great morning. 40 tons of recycled asphalt delivered this morning and I had it spread by 12:00. Just finished final touches under the shed roof so I moved my MMM back under. Backed off smooth as silk with no issues.

Now the bad.... Remember the MMM I just unhooked, well I forgot to raise the lift arms to the highest position and proceeded to put up the tractor in my shop(Brand New 30x40 building) problem with this is I do not have the concrete ramp poured yet. As the front tires climbed up the 10" lip I was half way in when pow, bang, broke. Lots of curse words started flowing as I knew exactly what happened. The lift arms caught the concrete and it was them vs tractor and tractor won. Every piece of auto connect is either bent or broken, including the linear actuator.

So I am currently holding my head very low because of my own stupidity. Dealer is coming to get it Tuesday. Got a claim started with insurance. 500$ deductible I think. Well worth it as I'm sure the linear actuator is expensive

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,464 Posts
Started off a great morning. 40 tons of recycled asphalt delivered this morning and I had it spread by 12:00. Just finished final touches under the shed roof so I moved my MMM back under. Backed off smooth as silk with no issues.

Now the bad.... Remember the MMM I just unhooked, well I forgot to raise the lift arms to the highest position and proceeded to put up the tractor in my shop(Brand New 30x40 building) problem with this is I do not have the concrete ramp poured yet. As the front tires climbed up the 10" lip I was half way in when pow, bang, broke. Lots of curse words started flowing as I knew exactly what happened. The lift arms caught the concrete and it was them vs tractor and tractor won. Every piece of auto connect is either bent or broken, including the linear actuator.

So I am currently holding my head very low because of my own stupidity. Dealer is coming to get it Tuesday. Got a claim started with insurance. 500$ deductible I think. Well worth it as I'm sure the linear actuator is expensive
Ouch :banghead::banghead:

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Concrete for the ramp into the building is on order for Thursday next week. Picture of asphalt under shed roof. First picture of my building is before I got all the asphalt in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,416 Posts
Wow... sorry to hear about your mishap. The insurance will come in handy as the linear actuator itself is $1989.00

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Oh no!! We’ve all been there one time or another, but wow you really don’t like your MMM :lolol:

My wife was born in Greenville SC:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no!! We’ve all been there one time or another, but wow you really don’t like your MMM :lolol:

My wife was born in Greenville SC:bigthumb:

Love the MMM, apparently I don't like the support team.

Greenville is an awesome city. 40min I'm in the mountains, 3 hrs I'm laying on the beach.

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
wow sorry to hear. A lesson for us all. good luck...:munch::munch:

·
Premium Member
10,544 Posts
That is very easy to forget. And I have forgotten that but thank God I didn’t find anything like you found. Thank you for the reminder to double check that each time.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That’s horrible. It’s great how well the tractors get work done until that work is tearing itself apart.
It be different if it broke while preforming the task at hand. I was simply driving the thing into my shop. No work induced failure here. All stupidity on my part.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
YEOW, not good. Sorry for your loss.

But it can be fixed. I'm sure you won't do that again.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YEOW, not good. Sorry for your loss.

But it can be fixed. I'm sure you won't do that again.
Let's hope not. My father always told me serious lessons are either paid for with money, or pain!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ouch!! So sorry. We've all had stupid attacks. Yours would have been very expensive if not for insurance.
The dealer will make it right again. :bigthumb:

You've made me think about insuring mine...

Thumper

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Big,
So sorry to hear about this mishap. Live and learn. All will be good soon! Best of luck with the repairs.

Sincerely

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I'm really, really glad to see that the linear actuator has metal gears and lots of grease in it. I'm sorry that you had to break it for me to see the pic though...

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm really, really glad to see that the linear actuator has metal gears and lots of grease in it. I'm sorry that you had to break it for me to see the pic though...

In a weird way I was glad to see it too. Metal gears bronze bushings, very nice internals.

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
Ouch , ouch, ouch..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.