Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real sexy tractor pics only....must be into tractors to view......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops thanks Mods....:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,180 Posts
This was taken back when it was dropped off after having the loader installed as I originally purchased the tractor sans loader.

Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that picture is worthy of a calendar like Miss March

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
A 1985 IH 254 manufactured by Mitsubishi was the first compact tractor I owned. Man I caught all kinds of grief for buying that thing. Seemed like everyone was poking fun at me asking what I was going to do with a tractor that small. It obviously was only 2 wheel drive, gear drive trans, no hydraulic steering, and not even rubber dampeners on seat. Was not a comfortable tractor to be on. I had various tractors in between the 254 and the 3520. I found this JD on Craigslist and after a brief conversation with the guy I headed out to go get it. There was really no where to load it except the middle of a highway, so we threw two straps on it, I paid the man, and took off. This was the first signs of light I came to in the middle of Alabama so I pulled in to properly strap down the tractor before getting back onto interstates to get home. I will admit I was mighty proud of the tractor and felt like a kid getting a present so I took this picture of it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,180 Posts
This was my 1954 Ford NAA. I sold it when I bought the JD 2720. I would have liked to keep it but I only have room for one tractor.

Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery

Before the NAA I had a 9N. It only cost me $1700 and served me well for over 20 years. It was used primarily for plowing snow.

Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I dig tractors :thumbup1gif:
Me too man. I have always liked tractors, all makes and all sizes. When I bought the first one, compact tractors hadn't really caught on yet for many of the people I knew. They all thought an out right ag tractor was the only tractors capable of doing anything. Now, all of them have a compact tractor to handle the various chores these tractors are perfect for. This was the first diesel tractor to come onto the farm. Granddad purchased it 10-10-1966 and it was referred to as the "little tractor" once the 1066 IH's was purchased in the early/mid 70's.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
My '51 MT. Inside barn can see The 4010,790 and z445. The only current pics on my iPad.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Bob, the MT must be hell to stay seated on. :dunno:
:lolol:yea it is. Can't get pic to flip for me. Older picture so now I know which way to hold phone camara so they don't do that.

·
Premium Member
7,124 Posts
Just remember, you started this! :lol:

The 1958-720D ES that I grew up on, 1958-520 that I bought when we bought this house & my 1st JD garden tractor; 140 H1: Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Transport
I no longer have any of them.

Some of my L&G's of the past: Vehicle Transport Mode of transport Motor vehicle Tractor

1953-40S, the day I brought it home: Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery
Currently: Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle

1980-Power King 2418, just because I wanted it: Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle

'04-790 w/300 loader: Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Transport Agricultural machinery

'93-755: Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Lawn Tractor

'80-314: Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Lawn Motor vehicle

And the 70-70 I (Industrial): Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor Yellow

I'm down to just six tractors now! :banghead:

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I have that baler. And had that plow. I remember being incredibly upset that the baler wouldn't actually bale hay when I was about 4. It still has grass stuck in the pickup. I mean Ertls slogan was "Just like the real thing, only smaller.) it wasn't.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Love the Cub! I had a Lo-boy before moving, great machines.

Just realized this is on an airfield!?
Yes. It was hidden until "Santa" brought it this year. Now it lives at home. Have a friend that let me keep it at their shop for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Just remember, you started this! :lol:

The 1958-720D ES that I grew up on, 1958-520 that I bought when we bought this house & my 1st JD garden tractor; 140 H1: View attachment 324490 I no longer have any of them.

Some of my L&G's of the past: View attachment 324498

1953-40S, the day I brought it home: View attachment 324506 Currently: View attachment 324522

1980-Power King 2418, just because I wanted it: View attachment 324538 View attachment 324546

'04-790 w/300 loader: View attachment 324554

'93-755: View attachment 324562

'80-314: View attachment 324570

And the 70-70 I (Industrial): View attachment 324578

I'm down to just six tractors now! :banghead:
Lowell - You da man!!

:lovetongue::clapping::bigthumb::bigbeer::yahoo:

I have that baler. And had that plow. I remember being incredibly upset that the baler wouldn't actually bale hay when I was about 4. It still has grass stuck in the pickup. I mean Ertls slogan was "Just like the real thing, only smaller.) it wasn't.
Love your little story . . . so innocent at 4.

Marlin :cowboy:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts