Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried these generic "3154" wheel weights for a 2R? I've been looking for a photo of one mounted on a wheel but haven't come up with anything yet, trying to get an idea of how they look. Not as pretty as the Deere weights but they leave the wheel bolts accessible which would be nice. I can't really tell in the photo, they might even be thinner than the JD where all the weight is in the center.

They are listed as fitting the 16.5" and 17.5" wheels that are used on the 2Rs, and I'm pretty sure they would fit the 20" wheels used for the R3 radials as well. GWT sells them individually in yellow with hardware and EA will sell you a pallet of them at a good price, but I think minus hardware and pretty yellow paint. EA lists a whole bunch of other tractors they would fit that use similar wheels.

GWT wheel weights (various products including these)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Yellow

EA 3154 wheel weights

Rim Auto part Circle Automotive wheel system Font

I'm just overanalyzing options while I waffle on tire choice.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Have you contacted Taylor Foundry in Wichita Falls, they have a variety of factory copy wheel weights.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,097 Posts
It would be a deal if they were cheaper than JD weights. I just paid less than that for 60# wheel weights through my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you contacted Taylor Foundry in Wichita Falls, they have a variety of factory copy wheel weights.
Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
Hm I haven't, I don't see one quite like these on their site although they do have a heavier one that might fit the 20" radial wheels.

It would be a deal if they were cheaper than JD weights. I just paid less than that for 60# wheel weights through my dealer.
Yeah probably why I've never seen them anywhere. The pallet of weights is cheaper but what am I going to do with 17 weights?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.