Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere to find the generic description of John Deere hydraulic fittings? :dunno:

What thread is on a LVA13231 ?,,, or what thread is on a AM105467 ?

What size snap ring is a M42702 ? ($4 for a snap ring seems excessive,, if I need eight of them,,,)

I want to use the hydraulics on my JD 4105 for other uses besides the loader,,
the first thing I have to do is connect to the hydraulics,,,

Thanks for the info!! :good2:

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
If anyone has a handle on something like this it would be jgayman - hopefully he will chime in.

He shared something similar about bolts and nuts with us.
And here I was going to say if anyone has a handle it would be Kenny. :)

For most items JD Parts gives some decent physical details. For other item they give nothing.

In the case of snap ring M42702. JD Parts lists this:

Specification
Weight:0.00 LBS 0.00 Kg
Shaft Diameter1.125 IN
Groove Diameter1.055 IN
Groove Width0.056 IN
Width0.052 IN
Radial Width0.128 IN
Free Inside Diameter1.051 IN
Free Gap0.00 IN
Material1075
FinishD
Note

For quick coupler AM105467:
Specification
Weight:0.15 LBS 0.07 Kg
Thread Size0.750 IN
Thread TypeORB
Length1.760 IN
Hex Size1.000 IN
Vender Series60
Operating Pressure (KPA) (Maximum)3,999.999 PSI
ISO_Designation
Finish
NoteA

For LVA13231 they list no details at all.

This information is readily available on JD Parts. All you have to do is create a login and you can see details and dealer pricing for the dealer of your choice.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you,,, I think I will still have to remove some of the fittings and go match them at the hydraulics shop,,

I think this fitting adapts from metric thread in the valve to 1/2" tube,,,:dunno:

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
Thank you,,, I think I will still have to remove some of the fittings and go match them at the hydraulics shop,,

I think this fitting adapts from metric thread in the valve to 1/2" tube,,,:dunno:
Unless you are well versed in fittings I strongly recommend taking them to the store! The number of variables and permutations are mind blowing. I usually just take my stuff to the hydraulics shop, lay it on the counter and say "I need a hose / fitting / gizmo to connect THIS to THAT". :)

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
The threads used on the OEM couplers are ORB (O Ring Boss), -06 or -08. If you just want to plug into the couplers they are 1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style with a poppet.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Unless you are well versed in fittings I strongly recommend taking them to the store! The number of variables and permutations are mind blowing. I usually just take my stuff to the hydraulics shop, lay it on the counter and say "I need a hose / fitting / gizmo to connect THIS to THAT". :)
This is exactly what I do...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The threads used on the OEM couplers are ORB (O Ring Boss), -06 or -08. If you just want to plug into the couplers they are 1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style with a poppet.
I will have to check before I go to match the fitting,,
I have (literally) 250 pounds of o-ring fittings,,
A hydraulics shop near me quit handling fittings, I was there the day they were gonna dump them in a dumpster,,

the fittings went into my truck,,, :good2:
About a third is air fittings,, WOW, there are some strange air fittings,,,

I do not have any hydraulic quick connects, or I would be trying to do this without spending any :gizmo:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts