Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
A very talented and surprisingly diverse actor who was in MANY movies in a variety of roles. I think he was equally cast as the hero and the villain in western themed movies over the years. Just last night, I watched him as the "Hired Gun" to counter John Wayne in "The Son's of Katie Elder."

A veteran of many very memorable performances, George Kennedy is from a generation of actors who worked much harder and earned far less for their performances than many of today's so called "stars". He has left us an extensive catalog of his work to enjoy for the future and for that, we can be thankful. Rest in Peace, Mr. Kennedy.........

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
Hadn't heard, sad ,and a great actor, may he RIP

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I think he probably was a good man and was a great actor. My favorite movie was Airport, when he played Patroni, who as I recall was the airport manager. He jumped in the pilot seat of a 707 and got it unstuck from a snow bank to save the day. I really need to see that again. Anyone who has a better recollection can feel free to square me away on the movie.

Big loss - not many "regular people" are actors any longer.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he probably was a good man and was a great actor. My favorite movie was Airport, when he played Patroni, who as I recall was the airport manager. He jumped in the pilot seat of a 707 and got it unstuck from a snow bank to save the day. I really need to see that again. Anyone who has a better recollection can feel free to square me away on the movie.

Big loss - not many "regular people" are actors any longer.

Dirty Dozen!

·
Old Pa-pa
11,743 Posts
R.I.P., great actor.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Farewell Ed Hocken, the world is a less funny place now...

ed hocken.jpg

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Had the unique "pleasure" of being run into by him in SLC airport. I was standing in line to board the flight from SLC to CNY when he was hurriedly heading off to make another connection. I guess he was reading his ticket and I sorta got a body block. We grabbed each other to stay upright (I recognized him immediately.) He apologized profusely and I told him with a big grin "It was my pleasure, Mr. Kennedy!"... RIP, a REAL good actor!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts