Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

After a few weeks of deliberation, I've finally settled on getting a 1025R.

The final group I was choosing between came down to the LS MT125, Yanmar SA324, and the Kubota BX23S. Ultimately, the main deciding factors were price, the strength of the dealer network and the available financing options.

Of all the tractors, I think the LS MT125 was the best value, if you were paying in cash. The lowest price I got was $16,200 for the TLB with 60" mower. That price also came with a number of caveats -- I would be buying from a dealer I'd only ever talked to on the phone that was located across the country. On top of that, the best financing available from this dealer was in the range of 6% and my local credit unit couldn't do any better for a tractor. My most local (still over an hour away) LS dealer offered slightly better financing, but the pricing was another $1800 higher than the out of state option. Once I factored in the total payback over the life of the loan, the relatively small savings wasn't worth not having a dealer close by. No question though, if you have the cash on hand, the LS is an outstanding deal.

The Yanmar SA324 is a very substantial tractor, but it also ended up being prohibitively expensive once the backhoe was added in.

Initially, I'd actually completely passed over the 1025R for a number of reasons -- I figured it would be priced higher than competing SCUTs and I'm also not a fan of some of Deere's consumer unfriendly business practices in the past decade or so. But, after watching an untold number of Tractor Time with Tim episodes I had to go check one out for myself.

Much like the LS MT125, the 1025R struck me as being more substantial than the BX23S. I was also surprised that it seemed to turn just as well even with being longer and wider. After checking with my two local dealers, I was able to get pricing of $19,000 for the 1025R TLB. That was essentially the same as the best pricing I'd received in the BX23S, after adding in the SSQA option. After adding in a few implements, the pricing gap widened a bit further in Deere's favor.

Ultimately I ended up with the following configuration:
- 1025R TLB
- 54D auto connect deck
- 54" quick attach blade w/ hydraulic lift, hydraulic angling and extensions*
- Frontier RT1149 Tiller
- Frontier AV20F Root Grapple
- John Deere 3rd function hydraulics

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride:We will need pic’s

·
Registered
74 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen! Welcome and congrats from SC!

2018 1025R, 120R Loader, 60D MMM, BB2048, RC2048

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club! :greentractorride:

Reactions: Viper21

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Just a heads up on the 3rd hydraulic function. The third SCV option presently available has the ports at the rear of the tractor. This will be hard a fit for your grapple. They do have a front third hydraulic option, via electric diverter valve, that is suppose to be available in November. There is aftermarket options, such as Artillian.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Congrats!

Good old TTWT..., isn't he (his family) great at vids or what!?

Tim does so many amazing projects with the 1025R. Things the average person probably wouldn't consider doable with such machine. He always talks about getting a bigger machine, but honestly I think they are to much in love with Johnny to cheat on him...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a heads up on the 3rd hydraulic function. The third SCV option presently available has the ports at the rear of the tractor. This will be hard a fit for your grapple. They do have a front third hydraulic option, via electric diverter valve, that is suppose to be available in November. There is aftermarket options, such as Artillian.
Yes, I'll be getting the one that is shipping in November.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Congrats. I went thru the same ordeal in 2016 when I bought my first 1025. Looked at everything Koiti, Mahindra, LS, New Holland, and Kubota. Wasted a lot of time but with 0% and better features I chose wisely. Have fun Be Safe

Reactions: SulleyBear and Levi

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Yes, I'll be getting the one that is shipping in November.
Please post pictures and a review of the diverter & grapple when you get it. Many here are very curious what JD came up with. And congratulations :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have any other details or information on that front third hydraulic option?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got word from my dealer that the JD third function valve (BLV11143) is not compatible with the power beyond. I knew this was the case for the third rear SCV, but didn't expect this to be the case for this new option.

Oh well, going to go with the Artillian diverter for now. Maybe I can add the integrated Deere control knob once the part number is available.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Just got word from my dealer that the JD third function valve (BLV11143) is not compatible with the power beyond. I knew this was the case for the third rear SCV, but didn't expect this to be the case for this new option.

Oh well, going to go with the Artillian diverter for now. Maybe I can add the integrated Deere control knob once the part number is available.
That's kind of surprising. Seems like a major oversight to me. If an aftermarket company can make something compatible, why is it beyond JD engineers?

ETA I hope they make the joystick available separately and can be wired to the artillian kit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's kind of surprising. Seems like a major oversight to me. If an aftermarket company can make something compatible, why is it beyond JD engineers?

ETA I hope they make the joystick available separately and can be wired to the artillian kit.
I agree. I'm not completely convinced.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

That just doesn't sound right. It is obviously an electric solenoid valve and as it is a joystick hydraulic circuit, it would need to be plumbed in on the implement side of the joystick valve.

If you're not in an immediate need for it, I'd wait until it is actually released. Speaking from experience, I never place much stock in anything a salesman states. I'm going to speculate that statement is based on the rear mounted third SCV.

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
I suspect this new option is not a "diverter" but rather a true 3rd function that will use the UP/DOWN buttons on the new joystick handle. Time will tell though...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That just doesn't sound right. It is obviously an electric solenoid valve and as it is a joystick hydraulic circuit, it would need to be plumbed in on the implement side of the joystick valve.

If you're not in an immediate need for it, I'd wait until it is actually released. Speaking from experience, I never place much stock in anything a salesman states. I'm going to speculate that statement is based on the rear mounted third SCV.
Not like the Artillian diverter is a bad option though. The main upside here is getting to roll it all into the 0% financing.

...also the fact I won't have to sit and stare at a grapple I can't actually use for 2 months.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I suspect this new option is not a "diverter" but rather a true 3rd function that will use the UP/DOWN buttons on the new joystick handle. Time will tell though...
Good point. I looked at the photo of the button, in the 4 in 1 bucket thread, I can't state for certain if it is a pushbutton or up/down rocker switch.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Hi all!

After a few weeks of deliberation, I've finally settled on getting a 1025R.

The final group I was choosing between came down to the LS MT125, Yanmar SA324, and the Kubota BX23S. Ultimately, the main deciding factors were price, the strength of the dealer network and the available financing options.

Of all the tractors, I think the LS MT125 was the best value, if you were paying in cash. The lowest price I got was $16,200 for the TLB with 60" mower. That price also came with a number of caveats -- I would be buying from a dealer I'd only ever talked to on the phone that was located across the country. On top of that, the best financing available from this dealer was in the range of 6% and my local credit unit couldn't do any better for a tractor. My most local (still over an hour away) LS dealer offered slightly better financing, but the pricing was another $1800 higher than the out of state option. Once I factored in the total payback over the life of the loan, the relatively small savings wasn't worth not having a dealer close by. No question though, if you have the cash on hand, the LS is an outstanding deal.

The Yanmar SA324 is a very substantial tractor, but it also ended up being prohibitively expensive once the backhoe was added in.

Initially, I'd actually completely passed over the 1025R for a number of reasons -- I figured it would be priced higher than competing SCUTs and I'm also not a fan of some of Deere's consumer unfriendly business practices in the past decade or so. But, after watching an untold number of Tractor Time with Tim episodes I had to go check one out for myself.

Much like the LS MT125, the 1025R struck me as being more substantial than the BX23S. I was also surprised that it seemed to turn just as well even with being longer and wider. After checking with my two local dealers, I was able to get pricing of $19,000 for the 1025R TLB. That was essentially the same as the best pricing I'd received in the BX23S, after adding in the SSQA option. After adding in a few implements, the pricing gap widened a bit further in Deere's favor.

Ultimately I ended up with the following configuration:
- 1025R TLB
- 54D auto connect deck
- 54" quick attach blade w/ hydraulic lift, hydraulic angling and extensions*
- Frontier RT1149 Tiller
- Frontier AV20F Root Grapple
- John Deere 3rd function hydraulics

If you don't mind me asking what did that end up running you compared to the competition, once you added the attachments in? Your list of attachments is similar to what I'd be quoted as well.

Congrats by the way

1 - 20 of 34 Posts