Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I found your site a couple weeks ago when I started looking into upgrading from my current Cub Cadet lawn tractor to something a little more useful. I had looked at both the Kubota BX25 and the JD 1026R and decided to go green. Well my 1026r will be here tomorrow and I cant wait to start yard crashing! My JD has the FEL, BH and MMM. I have been reading up on other implements and think I will be getting a box blade and possibly a rake. Will be posting pics as soon as it gets here Monday!:hi:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
JJ:wgtt:

Tomorrow will be like a little kid on Christmas morning I'll bet.:wink:

Greg

·
Administrator
22,268 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

WoooHooo!! New Tractor:kidw_truck_smiley::yahoo::kidw_truck_smiley::yahoo::kidw_truck_smiley::yahoo: Congrats and welcome to GTT. :hi:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Big problem

Hi all, I found your site a couple weeks ago when I started looking into upgrading from my current Cub Cadet lawn tractor to something a little more useful. I had looked at both the Kubota BX25 and the JD 1026R and decided to go green. Well my 1026r will be here tomorrow and I cant wait to start yard crashing! My JD has the FEL, BH and MMM. I have been reading up on other implements and think I will be getting a box blade and possibly a rake. Will be posting pics as soon as it gets here Monday!:hi:
I got mine a week ago. Now, I don't want to go to work. After a couple of hours of backhoe practice (and some helpfull advice from a fellow owner) I'm pulling up tree roots with ease. Still hate the thought of wasting my day by having to go to work though. (Gotta pay to play) sigh... you'll love it. You made the right decision. Kubota makes a good tractor but they don't have as good a resale value.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Enough Hydro fluid

JJ, one thing you might check is the hydraulic fluid in your new R. If you got attachments like a fel or front angle kit or bh, sometimes the dealer won't take into account for the extra fluid needed. The dealer I got mine from, shipped it to me with the fluid low and the truck driver was NO HELP AT ALL in knowing anything about the machine. Read your manuals and get real familiar with the needs of your machine.
Just my .02
KHOP
PS You'll love your 1026R

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Welcome and congrats! We'd love to see some pics when it arrives:good2:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 1026R Picture Story

In a yard far far away there was a giant stump that refused to budge and it's smaller tree friend that I needed gone.

House Porch Building Shed Home

Then came my new "helper" ready for battle with the woody :laugh: foes!

Land vehicle Vehicle Lawn Agricultural machinery Grass
Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Mower Lawn

The battle was fearsome and hard fought (not really that hard) and in the end the enemy lay defeated in the crater left from the battle.

Soil Vehicle Tree Woodland Forest

I roughly filled in the area and the Tree and stump are gone to be cremated at a later date.

Soil Trail Tree Path Grass

After the battle it was time for rest relaxation and a bath!

Vehicle Tractor Tree Grass Plant

Wow all I can say is this machine is a beast and did all i asked it to. Being a virgin in the tractor world(only in the tractor world :) I was pleasantly surprised at what it is capable of I look forward to seeing what else Jonathan can do. I'm thinking a box blade would be helpful in grading this and other areas out.

@KHOP, How did you know your fluid was low? I looked briefly(I'm going to sit down for some more reading today) in the manual and didn't see anything about checking the level. I did notice the area near the BH hydraulics was getting hot is that normal? Like I said I'm new to the tractor world but am eager to start learning!

·
Administrator
22,268 Posts
Mine got low after a few minutes of using the loader. You can't miss it. The hydraulics will start acting up getting sluggish and making a different noise. There is a yellow handled dipstick in the rear end. The yellow cap on top is where you add fluid. The rear end getting warm after using it like you were is totally normal. It might get as hot as 100 degrees above ambient. You might want to reread your owner's manual again now that you got some time under your belt. You'll be amazed what you learn again. :good2:

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor!

PS: Thanks for that last bit of info, I was really interested:laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
John Deere 1026R

I know I can do the research, but I see that the 1026R's are 'garnering' a lot of 'press', especially on GTT, and I'm sure other sites. What is the 'Cliff-Notes' version of this new found miracle machine? Size? An SCUT? HP? Typical application? Price w/BH, Loader and MMM, etc. My 'lazyness' thanks you! ~Scotty

·
Registered
218 Posts
I know I can do the research, but I see that the 1026R's are 'garnering' a lot of 'press', especially on GTT, and I'm sure other sites. What is the 'Cliff-Notes' version of this new found miracle machine? Size? An SCUT? HP? Typical application? Price w/BH, Loader and MMM, etc. My 'lazyness' thanks you! ~Scotty
I just picked mine up this afternoon, so I can't speak about what I have done with it. It is raining and around 54 degrees. All I did was drive it around the yard and park it in the garage.

It's a SCUT with more features and capabilities at the moment than other brands. However, the new Mahindra does have a drive-over deck and position control on the 3 point hitch like the 1026R. However, the Mahindra does not have the ability to automatically connect the MMM PTO like the Deere does (this is an option).
25 HP Yanmar diesel engine.
Strong loader (Mahindra may be stronger, cant remember)
Highback suspension seat with armrests
Excellent lighting package with option to add more.
Tilt steering wheel
Cruise control
folding ROPS
quick park loader (you don't have to extend the parking stand by hand on the H120 loader. The D120 loader you do)
Available independent hydraulic deck lift

I paid 21,800 plus taxes and insurance for mine. Wouldn't be suprised if that price could be beat by $500 or a little more. I wanted to buy at the dealership where I got it so I sacrificed a little on cost. Oh, I see you are in NY. I don't think the dealers in the NE discount as much as those in the south.
I got H120 Loader, 260 backhoe, 60" MMM with independent hydraulic lift and auto PTO coupler, and iMatch QH.

To me the 1026R, although more expensive than others, has the best overall feature set, and fits me better.
I like having twin pedals for forward and reverse, loader joystick position is on the fender in a more easily used position, I could go on.

Reactions: Scotty370

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I just picked mine up this afternoon, so I can't speak about what I have done with it. It is raining and around 54 degrees. All I did was drive it around the yard and park it in the garage.

It's a SCUT with more features and capabilities at the moment than other brands. However, the new Mahindra does have a drive-over deck and position control on the 3 point hitch like the 1026R. However, the Mahindra does not have the ability to automatically connect the MMM PTO like the Deere does (this is an option).
25 HP Yanmar diesel engine.
Strong loader (Mahindra may be stronger, cant remember)
Highback suspension seat with armrests
Excellent lighting package with option to add more.
Tilt steering wheel
Cruise control
folding ROPS
quick park loader (you don't have to extend the parking stand by hand on the H120 loader. The D120 loader you do)
Available independent hydraulic deck lift

I paid 21,800 plus taxes and insurance for mine. Wouldn't be suprised if that price could be beat by $500 or a little more. I wanted to buy at the dealership where I got it so I sacrificed a little on cost. Oh, I see you are in NY. I don't think the dealers in the NE discount as much as those in the south.
I got H120 Loader, 260 backhoe, 60" MMM with independent hydraulic lift and auto PTO coupler, and iMatch QH.

To me the 1026R, although more expensive than others, has the best overall feature set, and fits me better.
I like having twin pedals for forward and reverse, loader joystick position is on the fender in a more easily used position, I could go on.
Though I don't own a 1 series, I couldnt say it better myself. They are the most luxurious sub compact on the market by miles.

I didn't know the Max had a drive over deck. But, one controversy brought up about the Mahindra is that it's physical size and stature is that of a 2x20 series tractor. Some of the bashers on other sites have had a fit with this, so I don't want to go into it, but just mention they are larger.

Reactions: Scotty370

·
Registered
218 Posts
Though I don't own a 1 series, I couldnt say it better myself. They are the most luxurious sub compact on the market by miles.

I didn't know One controversy brought up about the Mahindra is that it's physical size and stature is that of a 2x20 series tractor. Some of the bashers on other sites have had a fit with this, so I don't want to go into it, but just mention they are larger.
Thanks for the compliment!

Yes that's right about the Mahindra being larger, at least the MAX28 is, I'm not sure about the other two models they just introduced (MAX25 and Max???). I couldn't find a lot of specifics on their website about which features went with which models. I know they weigh more too, which isn't a good thing for mowing the yard.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Thanks for the compliment!

Yes that's right about the Mahindra being larger, at least the MAX28 is, I'm not sure about the other two models they just introduced (MAX25 and Max???). I couldn't find a lot of specifics on their website about which features went with which models. I know they weigh more too, which isn't a good thing for mowing the yard.
There's the Max 22, which I'd consider a SCUT, the Max 25 which I'd consider a tweener between a SCUT and a small CUT, and the Max 28 XL, which is clearly not a SCUT and a CUT. The controversy is over the Max 25, though. I don't want to provide a link as it's on a competitive site, but there are some people really distraught over this. I've actually found it entertaining listen to these complain about something so minor. They think Mahindra comparing a Max 25 to a JD 1 and Kubota BX as it would be Kubota comparing a L series to a JD 1 series. The Max is bigger, but it shouldn't really be that huge of a deal, some will like it and some won't, but that's the beauty of the system.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.