Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Gator is getting some new tires so I thought I should get some rims prepped for mounting. I pulled the old, wore out, flat tires off the spare Gator and broke them down. The four rears all had tire sealer of some kind in them that makes a mess, but at least it didn't rust the [email protected] out of them. The powdercoat is starting to peel and rust underneath so I will be sandblasting and painting all 6 wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for sharing, the “reddish brown” goo, reminds me of beet juice or (Rim Guard) that is used to add ballast on tractors?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The big Brown truck stopped in this morning with 3 boxes. Inside were the new Carlisle HD Field Trax tires for the Gator. Now I just need to get the wheels painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this project has been stalled due to a couple issues with the sandblaster. The first was a sand flow problem which I finally found after dumping all the sand out of the pressure pot. It turns out a couple of mice had gotten in and their dried bodies kept blocking the outlet at the bottom of the pot. After that was fixed I dropped the nozzle and broke my last ceramic tip. I finally got some new one's and now I am waiting for a dry day to finish blasting the wheels.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I would imagine the silica sand drew the moisture right out of those mice.. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts