Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys do when getting on off and tractor is still running for a quick task like changing from bucket to forklifts— shift into neutral, set brake.? Or just leave in range as it seems the tractor will not move unless a pedal is depressed..? Just wondering as it seems unnecessary to set brake every time. Thanks

·
Registered
3046R with 385a, 320R.
803 Posts
I have a 3046R and set the brake each time I dismount. It seems quite easy with the handle option vs the foot and hand action on my 2 series. I leave it in range as well. Right? Wrong? safety police? this is what I do.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
Just set E-Brake and leave in range.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
119 Posts
for just a quick task, perhaps a minute, I let it run. But mine is hydro, so I have to shift to neutral or seat kill switch will turn it off. If it's not a level spot I set the brake.

Take care of business - hop back on and go....

·
Premium Member
12,177 Posts
Just set E-Brake and leave in range.
Same here.

You can start it in range as well which is a nice feature with the E-Hydro. Seat switch is interlocked with the motion pedals. When your off the seat, the pedal output is 0.

Reactions: ridesdirt and JDLTG

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
Same here.

You can start it in range as well which is a nice feature with the E-Hydro. Seat switch is interlocked with the motion pedals. When your off the seat, the pedal output is 0.
My friend has a 2017 3025E. He asked me to operate it to spread gravel on his driveway while he ran back and forth with a dump truck. By the time I was done, I hated that tractor. Neutral every time to start it. It dies every time I got off of it. To be fair, I didn’t try shifting to neutral before I got off. And then there’s the joystick location. It’s so uncomfortable to have to reach forward for it.

My 4044R is the same as my previous 790 was. Although the shifter had to be in neutral, you could get off and on while it was running. I see the e-hydro pedals as the same, if they’re not being pressed, it’s in neutral. And the 790 joystick location is the same as the 4044R, about halfway up your thigh in a natural position that you don’t have to reach for.

But it’s his first tractor and he loves it. He’s used to the interlocks and joystick location. I’m not going to rain on his parade.

·
Old Pa-pa
13,139 Posts
I put it in neutral and set park brake, doesn't take 2 seconds, worth that little effort and time
imho.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
I don't set the brake unless I am on a grade if engine is on. I also do not change the range lever. I just leave it where I have been using it. When parking my 4066r, I set the brake, but leave the range lever wherever it already was. It might go months in B range. The tractor will not move on level ground, but after a period of time, it will move when sitting on a slope or hill. Apparently the hydraulics eventually leak down, allowing it to move when not on level ground.

Dave

·
Administrator
20,483 Posts
Well I have a lowly 3-series, and you didn't ask about that...but I I generally leave it in gear with no parking brake unless I'm on an incline. With the eHydro machines I see no reason to put it in neutral and solely rely on the parking brake.

Reactions: cc1999 and rtgt

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Well I have a lowly 3-series, and you didn't ask about that...but I I generally leave it in gear with no parking brake unless I'm on an incline. With the eHydro machines I see no reason to put it in neutral and solely rely on the parking brake.
I do the same with my 4066R. Unless on an incline I jump in and out as needed. I do set the brake on inclines as well.

With as crazy as Deere is with all the safety BS on my other machines, I figure if it was really that risky of a move they would have put a kill switch on the seat, like my X758 has or should say had and my 2025R still has on it at least till I get around to jumping it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts