Green Tractor Talk banner

Getting parts from Deere

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Drifterbike 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had any luck getting things in that the dealer had to order since the strike started? Asking because I saw at least the warehouse in Illinois was on strike as well.

#2 ·
I ordered two wheel weights last Thursday, and picked them up from my dealer today. I would guess the experience will vary depending on the parts being ordered. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: AVRBA
#3 ·
I believe you'd have to have some really good connections to get parts straight from Deere without going through a dealer. It just doesn't work that way.

Reactions: rydplrs
#5 ·
I read his post differently. I assumed he meant that the dealer didn't have the needed part in stock so they had to order it from Deere.

#6 ·
Deere has distribution warehouses that feed the dealers, plus a dealer to dealer network to assist In optimizing inventory.

I have never hard my dealer discuss ordering direct, they get them from warehouses, and I bet Deere has their suppliers send parts for parts not for building directly to warehouses. The factory doesn’t want a valve keeper in a fancy package. They want a complete engine. There’s no reason for that part to go to an assembly site.

#7 ·
The parts warehouse in Milan is on strike as well. That is the main distribution center for parts for Deere dealers in the USA. Ive experienced wait times from 2 days to 3wks depending on what and how it the item was ordered. Source: Tech at a Deere dealer.

Reactions: AVRBA
#9 ·
the Milan PDC is open and running. Deere uses a lot of supplemental workers. The company i work for is still running our daily routes. By the way one of the strikers was killed yesterday. He was crossing the Milan Beltway at 6:30am and was hit by a car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.