Green Tractor Talk banner

Getting ready for snow

3485 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  WilliamBos
Ok. Don't toss me off the site because I mention the s word. Fact is, it is not that far off (for me anyway). My question is, do I need chains for my 2520 (equipped with R4's)? I have about 150" of driveway with a slight incline at the very end. And if I need chains will they fit with the tires in the wide position?

Thanks for any input.

BTW, when I ordered my 2520 I did not get a MMM with it. I am currently looking at a used 2009 X540. Boy, does that green paint ever get in your blood!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Not a 2520, but a 1635. They work excellent, just like snow tires. Have a set of chains, still in the box on the garage floor. Bough them with the tractor, just in case.

May be a tad heavier than you, but they will still work great.
Anyone have any experience with turfs in the snow on a 2520?

Thanks

T-Klash
Try these guys.

http://www.walcoequipment.com/about-us/

Paid $250 for a set of rear chains when we bought the tractor. Hopefully, they are not too much more money.
Ok. Don't toss me off the site because I mention the s word. Fact is, it is not that far off (for me anyway). My question is, do I need chains for my 2520 (equipped with R4's)? I have about 150" of driveway with a slight incline at the very end. And if I need chains will they fit with the tires in the wide position?

Thanks for any input.

BTW, when I ordered my 2520 I did not get a MMM with it. I am currently looking at a used 2009 X540. Boy, does that green paint ever get in your blood!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.