Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been taking the misc parts off my 3720 to put them on the 4520 when it comes in. I put in the order for a 4520 cab the last week of May and I have a warehouse date of Sept 9th.

So far I have removed the deluxe brush guard, CCM toplink, the nice radio and my extra switches for aux lighting. The 3720 has treated me good for the last two years, but I need a little more hp and traction for some of the tasks I use it for.

I am going to keep the bucket since I welded on chain hooks and its the HD bucket. No sense in buying it all again.

I have enjoyed all 300 hours in the cab, but I am looking forward to R1 tires!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I noticed you welded the hooks right to the bucket. If I remember that's about 11 ga. Has the lip distorted at all. I know it's a channel but I'm in the process of welding on hooks also and had some concerns.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look close, I have some 3/8 steel under the hooks. I would guess they are 4" x 4" with rounded corners. That helps to distribute the weight on the bucket.

I have lifted some very heavy stuff with no bends or distortions at all.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sorry to hear your keeping the bucket.... I'm gonna get on my soapbox here, I've said this in pretty much every "what should I buy post" I've ever posted in....SKID STEER QA!

·
Registered
213 Posts
How wide is that bucket?

If I had to do it over i would go all skid steer, but I have too many tractors and buckets around now.

Oh well - in the next life.

How long until the 4520 comes in?

D.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How wide is that bucket?

If I had to do it over i would go all skid steer, but I have too many tractors and buckets around now.

Oh well - in the next life.

How long until the 4520 comes in?

D.

Its a 73 HD with the the holes for a bolt on cutting edge. I like the bucket..... I wish it was SSQA but Dave was not around to direct me when I ordered... :p If I did not have JD forks, I would change.

The date has changed 3 times on when the tractor will be in. The latest is Sept 9th. Who knows. My dealer said the factory rep said they were having some changeovers and needed some parts. All of his open station ones he ordered after mine are there. Its the cab models that are slow...:cry:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its a 73 HD with the the holes for a bolt on cutting edge. I like the bucket..... I wish it was SSQA but Dave was not around to direct me when I ordered... :p If I did not have JD forks, I would change.

The date has changed 3 times on when the tractor will be in. The latest is Sept 9th. Who knows. My dealer said the factory rep said they were having some changeovers and needed some parts. All of his open station ones he ordered after mine are there. Its the cab models that are slow...:cry:
How exactly did you order it - as far as options? It seems like we are having trouble with any orders with factory rear hydraulics... We just learned why: The 3rd SCV kit is changing for 2011 models. I am wondering if that has to do with your delays.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry to hear your keeping the bucket.... I'm gonna get on my soapbox here, I've said this in pretty much every "what should I buy post" I've ever posted in....SKID STEER QA!
Dave, Yes I know I am a Deere salesperson, but I really prefer the JDQA over SSA, for a couple of reasons. 1) I think they are easier to mount/dismount - yes I know that is a personal thing, maybe because I have been doing it for so long!) 2) The actual SSA brackets weigh more - which can make a difference, especially on the smaller (200X/CX and 300X) loaders that may not have as much lift capacity. 3) SSA attachments - Forks, Buckets, whatever - usually are heavier than needed (again, especially with the smaller loaders) and can affect lift capacity. JMHO!

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How exactly did you order it - as far as options? It seems like we are having trouble with any orders with factory rear hydraulics... We just learned why: The 3rd SCV kit is changing for 2011 models. I am wondering if that has to do with your delays.
HUH.. I did order it with the rear scv, but correct me if I am wrong, on the 4520, thats a dealer installed option? I did not think you could order a dulux cab in the 4x20 series? I ordered everything a delux cab would have, so?

I ordered a 4520 with cab
2045 540/540e PTO
4450 R1's
7010 Dual SCV's
LVB24848 Third SCV
LVB24853 Rear Work Lights
LVB25867 Auto Cruise
LVB24851 Horn
then a 400cx loader and 4 110 wheel weights with bolts.

My dealer said I might get the new stuff. Who knows. Noone seems to have a definate answer right now.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Any details on the 3rd SCV changes?
The JDQA rubs me the wrong way (for lack of better terms) for a couple reasons...
A) If you do alot of backdragging, I cant imagine those 2 snap pins last forever...yeah they're cheap & easy, but still.
B) JDQA = your pegged into a hole with the attachements you can buy.
C) Hand in Hand with B, because your limited to What you can buy, your also limited in WHO you can buy from...translation to english... More $$ for lighter duty items.

I can't argue with your points. Not gonna hold being a salesman against you :beer:, as there are alot of GOOD Salespeople out there...just tell me the truth like you did in your post.
Yeah the S/S stuff might be heavier, but its cheaper because everybody under the sun sells it, and its heavy duty stuff. You seen many posts on other sites about a bucket bowing, etc, not so much on Skid Steer buckets. For the price of a new toothbar, I can find a nice used tooth bucket... Heck, I got my 60" JD Foundry bucket "Free" from the dealer when I got my tractor. As for the weight issue, yeah, mebbe it holds water on the smaller models, but IMO on my 300cx, theres not been a time with either the bucket or forks that I wasnt able to lift what I wanted...and if I COULDNT lift it, I doubt thr 80lbs or whatever difference it is, would be the "straw that broke the camel's back".

·
Registered
46 Posts
But I like it when my customers are "pegged" into just the hole I have for them!!! :)

I agree with almost all of your points, but I have to say I have yet to see a problem with backdragging... And I personally always explain to my customers why they should upgrade to the HD bucket right from the beginning.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here is what I was referring to in regards to the rear hydraulics affecting your order... Even though your dealer is field installing the 3rd SCV kit, it may be held up due to the new kit. I know there are certain base order codes that have been difficult to get for awhile...

New and updated kits for 4320-4720 Compact Utility Tractors
EH third SCV on 4000 TWENTY Series Tractors
EH third SCV joystick for cab tractors

The new factory- or field-installed EH third SCV kit increases productivity by allowing improved loader applications such as a 4-in-1 bucket. The EH feature provides a smoother and quicker response to the operator’s movement. The kit also includes a 12-V adapter.
Fourth and fifth SCVs on 4720 Open-Station Tractor
Fourth and fifth SCV controls
Fourth and fifth EH SCV switches

The fourth and fifth SCV kit provides two additional pair of rear SCVs. The kit can be field installed on a tractor with or without a loader. The functions are completely separate from the loader.
Updated power-beyond and electric diverter kits
The redesigned power-beyond and electric diverter kits provide a more reliable performance without affecting the fit or function.
New creep to reposition kit
This exclusive creep to reposition kit allows the operator to reposition the tractor and control the engine speed from the backhoe seat.
Compatibility
The new kits are not backward compatible. Please refer to the serial number break table.

Sorry the photos did not upload in the order I thought they would...
1)New EH 3rd SCV 2)New 4th&5th OS Controls 3)New 4th&5th Cab Controls 4)New 4th&5th SCV 5)New EH 3rd SCV Joystick

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would have thought that if Deere is going this route that they would have done what they did with the 110tlb. That is with the diverter and three front and three rear sets of outlets. If you have top and tilt on your hitch that uses up two sets by itself. My boxblade would still require a valve for the hydraulic scarifiers.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does anyone know when the factory started making the models that are compatable?

·
Registered
46 Posts
OK, according to the build schedule that I just saw - the MY2011, 3x20 Series tractors will begin production the first week of September. Unfortunately they still show the MY2010, 4x20 Series being built throughout the month of September - if this build schedule holds true, the first week of October would be the first chance to build MY2011, 4x20 models - IF they start then... I apologize if this is not the news you wanted to hear.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seriously, I do not see where the new hydrolics will do me much good. I do not have a grapple and have no plans for one. I only need one rear scv. So I see nothing else that has changed and thas a good thing. Unless I am missing something.

September 9th is my warehouse date, so you never know. Maybe they stopped all cab builds since June? I don't know what to say, its been so long....

·
Registered
733 Posts
Brian,
I see this as an AWESOME thing...I'm pumped to say the least. My single biggest complaint with my tractor is the fact I can only have 1 "true" rear SCV. The Diverter was never an option I wanted and saw as a solution... My dad has the option to have 3 TRUE rear SCV's on his late 90's L2900...why a machine 15 years newer with every bell & whistle ever offered in a Compact can only have one rear SCV has been beyond my comprehension.

Example.... I have an HTL... I'd love to KEEP it on there, but when I put my power rake on, I need to remove the HTL so I can angle my PR. I'm working on building a "super" rear blade and I'll need 3 Hydraulic circuits JUST on that!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had the 3rd valve on the loader of my 5525 added with the thumb control - it totally rocks.

On my 4520 cab I have it setup for a grapple bucket but I am using the rear valve for the grapple control. I am nowhere near as fast with it. For picking up trees, etc - being able to leave my hand on the joystick as I am working something into the bucket and clamp down on it - AWESOME.

My 2008 4520 will have to go old school, but I know what tractor I will want to use with my new hay grapple - the 5525 with the thumb valve.

D.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts