Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while my son loves his cub for pushing snow he says he likes how the blade on my 955 can be angled from the seat.

So as any good father would do I’ve set a goal for him to be able to angle his blade from the seat next year.

First step is to acquire some parts.

A bypass block.

And a open center valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now to figure out where t place the valve.

I could put it up buy the steering post and let the actuator handle come up by the touch control lever.

So it would kinda be like this.

Or I can mount it back by the side of the seat.

I’m kinda leaning towards the touch control lever.

What would you guys do?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My only thought would be to keep it close enough to him that he wouldn't need to take his eyes off his work.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I'd look at where the lever ends up relative to where other objects are around it when in use.

For instance: when I mounted my brake controller the other day; if I hadn't had the keys in the ignition when I test-fit it, I would've been unhappy (ok, pissed!) because my top-choice location would've put it behind my keychain and they would've blocked the view and been hitting it all the time. Number two choice would've risked getting smacked by knees getting in/out, and #3 only risks hitting my knees when I'm not driving. #3 is where it lives now.

What's he likely to be doing when manipulating that valve? What if you added a hydraulic top-link for the warm season? What if you used it to adjust a back-blade? Does any of that change functionality? Is he going to smack his knee into it in the middle? What about rubbing on boots?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Whatever you decide, do not make a lever that looks like the lever on the red valve,,,,:flag_of_truce:

Someone will grab the lever as a handle, and end up on their butt!! :dunno:

I am sure I could destroy a lever that long with a pivot mounting by pushing with my pinky finger.

That is the problem some small tractors like Power King had with weak steering columns,,
it can not be used as a handle,,:banghead:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I like option #1 . He can see the lever and blade at the same time . You are one heck of a dad , he is worth it . Kevin .:good2:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like option #1 . He can see the lever and blade at the same time . You are one heck of a dad , he is worth it . Kevin .:good2:
Thanks. He’s one heck of a kid as well. He told me he wish he had a job so that he could save up and buy me a JD H. Because he knows I’d like one and I do so much for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts