Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something new for me, have gotten this popup several times in the last few days when I click on a link in an email from GTT.

error.jpg

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never click on links in any email. Always go to the site itself.

In your case that url is definitely not a GTT link.
I always use the link in the emails from GTT for threads I am subscribed to. I can't figure out a way to get a screenshot of the actual url showing up from the link but even when I hover the mouse over the link I just got for your reply, the actual address starts with this "url5878.vsobr.com". And no "Suspicious link" popup, it works fine as 99% of the links do. So I think it must be a problem with the re-direct that GTT is using and occasionally triggering something in the browser.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
If you are using Windows 10 I bet it's part of the latest update. Just remember computers lie.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
This is something new for me, have gotten this popup several times in the last few days when I click on a link in an email from GTT.

View attachment 702126

A Google search indicates that this is a widespread problem, but no fix was listed. This appears to be a scam/spam, so you do not want to click on it.

Dave

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been looking at this some more, and the strange thing is, every link in every email I get from GTT (for subscribed threads) leads to a url that starts with this "url5878.vsobr.com" but only now and then does one generate this warning. You would think that someone in VS-admin should be able to explain what this url is and what its purpose is since GTT is generating it.

Inquiring minds want to know. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I've been looking at this some more, and the strange thing is, every link in every email I get from GTT (for subscribed threads) leads to a url that starts with this "url5878.vsobr.com" but only now and then does one generate this warning. You would think that someone in VS-admin should be able to explain what this url is and what its purpose is since GTT is generating it.

Inquiring minds want to know. :dunno:

I don't think vs-admin has anything to do with this. My Google search showed that many forums were hacked like this.

Dave

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think vs-admin has anything to do with this. My Google search showed that many forums were hacked like this.

Dave
Appreciate your opinion but my searches reveal people on some other sites have seen the same warning I am and some think its a scam or hack, but no one has proven this.

My searches also indicate that this "url5878.vsobr.com" domain is legit and is a mass mailing company, and possibly even owned by VS. I think GTT has changed to using this for the emails automatically sent out. I've gone back and looked at the emails still in my trash and this changed on August 17. Before then the links in the email were direct to GTT, in every email I've gotten since then from GTT the link has redirected to this domain.

And there is nothing wrong with the links I get that have the warning, I've tried them and they work just the same as the others. But I wouldn't advise anyone to click on a link that they don't trust if they don't know how to protect their system.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Appreciate your opinion but my searches reveal people on some other sites have seen the same warning I am and some think its a scam or hack, but no one has proven this.

My searches also indicate that this "url5878.vsobr.com" domain is legit and is a mass mailing company, and possibly even owned by VS. I think GTT has changed to using this for the emails automatically sent out. I've gone back and looked at the emails still in my trash and this changed on August 17. Before then the links in the email were direct to GTT, in every email I've gotten since then from GTT the link has redirected to this domain.

And there is nothing wrong with the links I get that have the warning, I've tried them and they work just the same as the others. But I wouldn't advise anyone to click on a link that they don't trust if they don't know how to protect their system.

Are you running an ad blocker? I run AdblockPlus on my Win10 PC and also on my Android phone. I don't get any of these, and maybe that is why???

Dave

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you running an ad blocker? I run AdblockPlus on my Win10 PC and also on my Android phone. I don't get any of these, and maybe that is why???

Dave
Yep, I'm running the same, and Chrome browser. There is nothing really wrong with these links but the ones from the different email system that GTT changed to apparently triggered something in my system causing a false positive occasionally. It's probably from the Chrome filtering extension provided by my Webroot AV that I'm using, it is pretty sensitive. This has only happened with maybe 2 or 3 emails out of several dozen. From online searches have seen a few others saying that when they started seeing this was when their site changed to this email system.

If you are not using the email links in the subscribed threads emails you probably won't see this, that's the only links I've ever seen it with.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not sure if it's part of the same issue, but lately when I receive an E-mail from Green Tractor talk there are no link(s) to follow. I need to copy and past the "unlined links" into my browser. Otherwise I am able to navigate the forum without any problems.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,785 Posts
Not sure if it's part of the same issue, but lately when I receive an E-mail from Green Tractor talk there are no link(s) to follow. I need to copy and past the "unlined links" into my browser. Otherwise I am able to navigate the forum without any problems.

We already have a separate thread for that issue.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks Ken I will look for that thread.

·
Registered
20,811 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks coaltrain I wanted to be sure it wasn't my computer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts