Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember my first "little red radio flyer wagon" when I was about 8 I suppose. Couldn't hardly wait to get it. Now at 66, I'm like a little kid again, waiting for my new John Deere to get here!! Was told it would be about 8 weeks back around Dec 15, but that changed to March 15, bummer. Time really does fly, until you buy a new tractor. Wish you guys could help.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I feel your pain. Went throught he exact same thing. Ordered in April, dealer said it would be there by June 1st. It was late July or August before I seen it. It was a long wait! At least you will have yours for the summer!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I, too, feel your pain. I ordered right about this time last January, it was delivered March 22. Oh oh. Just realized something. I can tell the anniversary date of tractor delivery easily but I'm not too sure of my wedding aniversary date. Better get off here before you know who sees this!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DT, just saw your thoughtful reply!! A couple days ago I was about to get on the freeway and there is a big truck stop at that freeway exit---. Right in front of me turned in a big semi with 3 each of 6330's on board. My heart was speeding up, "can this be?" But I knew it was not mine on the truck, not 2 months early. So I went home and took another patience pill, but it didn't work. Thanks again to all you who helped me work through this decision and for your good comments and support. I'll get my daughter here to take pictures and post them later when she arrives in March.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I too an waiting my friend. But I do not have any patience pills, just beer.:unknown:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not here yet

No---the new 6330 comes about march 15, I'm about half way through the wait. The dealer said usually they come in about a week early though, time for them to put the loader. My sales guy made an excellent deal on a new Land Pride mower for the 6330. Since Land Pride is one of my top customers, I would not even dream of buying anything else. But---it never hurt to get opinions even on mowers, if you care to leave me one. I'm looking at a #2684, a dual rear wheeled 84 inch 3 pt. mower. Has a category 4 drive line, and gear box with 2 inch shaft and slip clutch. I have a #1872, which is lighter duty, and 72 inch cut for a different tractor I own. The mower is 1 1/2 yrs. old, they offfered me 300 less than I paid new for it. On the 2684 they are within 50 bucks of anyone else just buying it with no trade, fair enough I thought.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
You guys sure have to wait a long time for tractors.

We get them in a hurry down here.

D.
So why is that? Bigger dealerships?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tractors

Arn't most of those Texas Deeres made in China? hahaha just kidding. My dealer has 4 stores in the greater area, heck of a large and big volume outfit. It's coming out of Moline, what can I say, maybe they don't "mess with Texas" there in Moline----you order, they work weekends to git-er-done fast!!:laugh:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not sure, but unless it is something really off the wall it is here in days.

Lots of big dealers with multiple locations is probably the answer.

They will drive and get it for you the same day, etc.

D.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Sounds like a "dealer stock" thing along with the dealership size. And you need to order something in stock.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That is going to be a nice tractor, tough having to wait so long. I would be getting antsy about now.:empathy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts