Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than being green and costing twice as much as other hitch out there give me a good reason to go green.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
No, afraid not in my opinion. I have the iMatch and paint sucked anyway. So repainted it and added new decals.

I might has well went with something else. My cousin bought a landpride and it looks better built anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my take I bought one to and took it back because of the fit and finish on the one they put on my tractor. I even had to use a porta power to spread it so I could get the lower arms in place. I was not impressed and the paint and decals were awful. For something selling for 300 buck you should expect it to fit at least and shine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is another thread here about a redesigned iMatch that was a result of the 1 series. I have a friend who is a JD mechanic and he said that the "original" iMatch would require the dealers to do modications in order to make them fit properly. Deere did not like this and recalled them to make them right. I just received my 1026R on Friday w/o iMatch due to the redesign.

Other than what I just said, I'm justing going to sit back and see where this thread goes...:munch:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
As people stated above, I purchased it for all the wrong reasons. I have repainted mine and it still has paint chipping. But it has never failed me.

If you could get it thrown in on a already good deal, it would be nice, but other than that, meh.....

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
Interesting. Mine was also beat up when I got it. I repainted it after removing the shipping and lawyer stickers. I thought it would've been an isolated incident, surely JD wouldn't sell this ugly thing next to a shiny tractor?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
The new John Deere iMatch has an adjustable top hook Looks like this . . . .

Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Outdoor power equipment Tool

I also had an iMatch included with my deal on a 1026R. Dealer originally supplied an older iMatch which I returned. New iMatch with adjustable top hook is scheduled to be delivered in early April. Evidently JD is phasing out the old & in with the new . . . but it's gonna' take a while.

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
Did you return it due to damage/looks or did you learn about the new one?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Well, it was part of the original deal . . . and when the new iMatch was announced I had just taken delivery of an old one. Thought about it for a couple days and since no new money was involved, decided to return the old iMatch & wait a while longer for the new. Appears the new will do everything the old will do and could possibly offer a couple advantages in the long run. Worse thing is the long wait . . . but should be here well before the active spring season starts here in NE Tennessee . . . :dunno:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I can give you a good reason not to:Pat's 3-Point Quick Change Hitch - Category 1 With Stabilizer Bar
I put this on my 5065E which has a category 2 3pt. hitch. All my equipment with the exception of one brush cutter is category 1. The angle of the lift arms made it difficult to hitch up category 1 equipment.
With this hitch set up I can set the center to center at 28 1/2" with the adjustable link provided with the hitch kit and easily hook up all my equipment quickly.
Lynn

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I can give you a good reason not to:Pat's 3-Point Quick Change Hitch - Category 1 With Stabilizer Bar
I put this on my 5065E which has a category 2 3pt. hitch. All my equipment with the exception of one brush cutter is category 1. The angle of the lift arms made it difficult to hitch up category 1 equipment.
With this hitch set up I can set the center to center at 28 1/2" with the adjustable link provided with the hitch kit and easily hook up all my equipment quickly.
Lynn
I'm not sure those posts from 8 years ago about the iMatch have much relevance today. The iMatch seems to be a well-designed and well-executed device these days. Mine is well-constructed, fits precisely, performs perfectly, and the paint and finish is excellent.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Lynn
Lynn - I'm a huge Pat's ECS fan,as my posting history on this site reflects.

You are a good and wise man, Lynn; I admire your choices,

Brian

·
Registered
508 Posts
There is another thread here about a redesigned iMatch that was a result of the 1 series. I have a friend who is a JD mechanic and he said that the "original" iMatch would require the dealers to do modications in order to make them fit properly. Deere did not like this and recalled them to make them right. I just received my 1026R on Friday w/o iMatch due to the redesign.

Other than what I just said, I'm justing going to sit back and see where this thread goes...:munch:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I'm too new to this...is it reasonable to assume that the iMatch that John Deere sold in 2012 when this thread was started is different than the one that they sell now? Some improvements in design and manufacture, for example?

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
I can only guess the OG original is like mine. Bought when they first hit the market.

Top hook is welded so if it don't fit the top of the implement...its a pita.
You have to crank top link way forward and use a short chain...or ditch the I match and go back to the old school way of hooking up.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'm too new to this...is it reasonable to assume that the iMatch that John Deere sold in 2012 when this thread was started is different than the one that they sell now? Some improvements in design and manufacture, for example?
I'm fairly new myself but all I can say is the tractor I bought January 2019 has the adjustable top hook-

As opposed to the welded top hook some are talking about.

So I think it is safe to say the current iMatch is not the same as the original. I have zero complaints with mine but I've only ever used to for the ballast box so far.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.