Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have been poking around some GM forums trying to find an answer and they are difficult to search and find answers, so I thought, lets ask my friends.

The Bluetooth connection in my 2009 Silverado worked great with my iphone 4S. With the same phone connected in the 2012 Silverado, people tell me the call sounds tinny and hollow; like I am sitting in a barrel. I have tried it with Siri enabled and disabled - makes no difference. I have disconnected and reconnected with no change.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I knew I should have sprung the extra bucks for a Ford.:laugh:

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Does it sound ok to you the driver?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Does it sound ok to you the driver?
Yep, sounds fine in the truck.:thumbup1gif:

OK. I learned two things.
1. Could be a software problem. I'll call the dealer.
2. I see a few reasons why Chevy Volts are not big sellers.

Thanks, Keith. I appreciate the help.

Reactions: rtgt and farmgirl19

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Did this help?
See Post 4. Took me a while to read it. I'm a bit slow, you know. :laugh:

I notice that people on the other forums are sometimes not overly friendly. :dunno:

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Yep, sounds fine in the truck.:thumbup1gif:

OK. I learned two things.
1. Could be a software problem. I'll call the dealer.
2. I see a few reasons why Chevy Volts are not big sellers.

Thanks, Keith. I appreciate the help.
Ford guys always look after the GM guys. Just sayin! :lol:

Old Pa-pa

Registered
Reactions: DRobinson

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I always get upset when someone poses a problem, answers are posed and there is never any resolution from the OP. In November I asked a question about the Bluetooth phone in my Silverado. Gizmo suggested a site, a couple other Ford people shot some well deserved zingers and now I have it fixed. The site that Gizmo referred me to led to a couple other GM truck forums (they don't seem to be as friendly as the people here; a sense of humor goes a long ways) and finally came on that made mention of the microphone. No details but it made me think. Incoming phone is fine. OnStar phone sounds tinny and hollow to the receivers end. I decided that it had to be the microphone. I confirmed it with the young tech who does all of our service work. So, I ordered a new GM microphone from GMWholesalePartsDirect.com in Winston Salem, NC. Showed a list price of $30+, and price to customer of $21+ plus shipping of $3.15. Seemed more than fair to me. It was ready to ship when the blizzard hit, so I didn't get it until last Thursday, 28 JAN 16. This place seems like the greenfarmparts.com of General Motors. Excellent service and fair price.

I had to remove the lens for the map lights to get to the two screws that hold the console to the roof. Pulled it down and looked to see where the old one was. I could see where it should be, but the spot was empty. I knew it had to be there, because it did work. I found the microphone in the area between the headliner and the roof. Hence, the tinny, hollow sound. Snapped it in the holder, made a test call and it was fixed. :thumbup1gif:

Microphone.jpg

I don't know how to do the arrows on pictures, but you can see the microphone which is a small black rectangle in the lower left. When I found it, it was in the "black hole" in the upper left of the picture.

So, thanks Gizmo, for sending me off in the right direction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts