Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I was thinking of getting a pallet fork attachment for my 1025R. I like the Artillian but they’re a bit high. I think around $1400 after shipping. I then thought maybe Titan would be a more reasonable alternative. They seem okay but they’re heavier and I know there isn’t much lifting power to begin with. I think they’re around $780 shipping included. They’re affordable. I see a good number of people that prefer the Frontier (AP10 / AP10F) because they’re even lighter than the Artillian. Nobody ever mentions the price. Most of the articles I read were 4 and 5 years old. Does anyone know around what price the Frontiers are now? Or, if the Titan brand isn’t much of an issue considering the weight?
Thanx
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I paid $625 for my AP10F forks last spring. Dealer (United AG) had them in stock. I would stay away from Titan.

Reactions: jdforever

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I paid $625 for my AP10F forks last spring. Dealer (United AG) had them in stock. I would stay away from Titan.
Thank you. I’m not too familiar with attachments yet. I’ve had my tractor for almost a year now. Why not Titan?
Thanx again

·
Registered
John Deere 3025E & Z950R - Kawasaki Mule 610
10 Posts
I have a set of Titans that fit and work very well. They were a lot cheaper than the deere dealership.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just a clarification - There are 2 Titans.
titanimplements.com - the frame is made in Tennessee with china forks
and
palletforks.com - 100% china made

If I'm not mistaken the AP10's has china forks also.

I bought the Titan TN forks last spring for $600, when 2 of the local JD dealers were selling the AP10s for $800.

Reactions: Telecaster and trav

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Just a clarification - There are 2 Titans.
titanimplements.com - the frame is made in Tennessee with china forks
and
palletforks.com - 100% china made

If I'm not mistaken the AP10's has china forks also.

I bought the Titan TN forks last spring for $600, when 2 of the local JD dealers were selling the AP10s for $800.
Correct- and to further add to the confusion there are US made palletforks available on palletforks.com too.
Most if not all of the actual forks are now made in China.

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
I think the frontier is available at my dealer is why I got mine. Had something I needed picked off my truck one day and went by there and grabbed a set from my dealer. Think I paid 6 for them 2 years ago.

Reactions: Telecaster

·
Registered
167 Posts
I paid $600 for AP10F at my local Deere dealer last summer with the 48" forks (longer = easier to see from the seat). My dealer asked about other Frontier which had greater lifting capacity, but the AP10F are "stronger" than my 2025R and lighter forks give me more lifting capacity.

I added a 2" receiver (drilled 4 holes and bolted on).

This summer I will be making a headache bar to have a little more protection towards the tractor.

·
Premium Member
13,673 Posts
Why not shop the countless excellent quality pallet fork sources out there, instead of limiting to simply Titan or Frontier?

There are two different types of pallet fork mounting systems. One is the SSQA which DOES NOT fit the Deere small tractors. The other type of pallet fork mounting is the Deere Proprietary mount, also called the JDQM or simply called the "Deere mount".

There are hundreds of small local American and Canadian companies who make and sell implements. Check your local Craigs List or FaceBook Market place.

Do an advanced search on GTT for "Pallet forks" and you can spend the as much time as you desire reading about Pallet forks.

HLA implements from Canada, which are sold by many Deere and other tractor dealers, offer a great product.

When you shop for pallet forks, here is what you should REALLY use as a shopping basis.....

1. How much do the pallet forks weigh?
2. What is the forks rated capacity?
3. Inspect the forks and look at them. Are the welds professional and penetrating the steel? If you don't know what good welds should look like, Google for a picture of "welding standards" and see examples of welds done correctly and those which are not.
4. There is NO excuse for ANY implement to ever be shipped which won't fit on a tractor's mounting system. All mount dimensions on the same category forks are the same and its a very basic standard.
5. I strongly suggest pallet forks with a back frame rack to protect the front of the tractor from damage. Yes, it consumes some of the lifting capacity, but its worth it.
6. How easy is it to adjust the pallet fork positions? Should be easy as you will move these often. Try it yourself, don't take someone else's word for it.........

Titan offers one thing, low price which includes shipping in the purchase price. That's it. But the trade off for the low price is they don't have any service parts for prior implements sold. They don't have any engineering of their own, they merely copy the products of others. Nothing is load tested or quality verified.

Pallet forks are very simple, really. But they perform a very important function for the tractor. They allow the machine to lift heavy objects. When you are lifting, transporting and positioning heavy items, you don't want a failure in the metal or weld / assembly quality. Such a failure could have devastating consequences.

Please, take some time and shop the pallet fork marketplace and include the small, local manufacturers in your area. Many offer shipping included in their prices. Most use American quality steel and employ local workers. Most offer a vastly superior product to the container loads of Chineesium steel products Titan imports.

Here are several excellent makers of Pallet Forks to consider.

Here are excellent pallet forks purposely built for the John Deere SCUTS and CUTS, Very nice looking back rest and made in America. Prices vary based upon options selected. Here are just a few of the many American made, excellent choices of products.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why not shop the countless excellent quality pallet fork sources out there, instead of limiting to simply Titan or Frontier?

There are two different types of pallet fork mounting systems. One is the SSQA which DOES NOT fit the Deere small tractors. The other type of pallet fork mounting is the Deere Proprietary mount, also called the JDQM or simply called the "Deere mount".

There are hundreds of small local American and Canadian companies who make and sell implements. Check your local Craigs List or FaceBook Market place.

Do an advanced search on GTT for "Pallet forks" and you can spend the as much time as you desire reading about Pallet forks.

HLA implements from Canada, which are sold by many Deere and other tractor dealers, offer a great product.

When you shop for pallet forks, here is what you should REALLY use as a shopping basis.....

1. How much do the pallet forks weigh?
2. What is the forks rated capacity?
3. Inspect the forks and look at them. Are the welds professional and penetrating the steel? If you don't know what good welds should look like, Google for a picture of "welding standards" and see examples of welds done correctly and those which are not.
4. There is NO excuse for ANY implement to ever be shipped which won't fit on a tractor's mounting system. All mount dimensions on the same category forks are the same and its a very basic standard.
5. I strongly suggest pallet forks with a back frame rack to protect the front of the tractor from damage. Yes, it consumes some of the lifting capacity, but its worth it.
6. How easy is it to adjust the pallet fork positions? Should be easy as you will move these often. Try it yourself, don't take someone else's word for it.........

Titan offers one thing, low price which includes shipping in the purchase price. That's it. But the trade off for the low price is they don't have any service parts for prior implements sold. They don't have any engineering of their own, they merely copy the products of others. Nothing is load tested or quality verified.

Pallet forks are very simple, really. But they perform a very important function for the tractor. They allow the machine to lift heavy objects. When you are lifting, transporting and positioning heavy items, you don't want a failure in the metal or weld / assembly quality. Such a failure could have devastating consequences.

Please, take some time and shop the pallet fork marketplace and include the small, local manufacturers in your area. Many offer shipping included in their prices. Most use American quality steel and employ local workers. Most offer a vastly superior product to the container loads of Chineesium steel products Titan imports.

Here are several excellent makers of Pallet Forks to consider.

Here are excellent pallet forks purposely built for the John Deere SCUTS and CUTS, Very nice looking back rest and made in America. Prices vary based upon options selected. Here are just a few of the many American made, excellent choices of products.

Wow! Very detailed, accurate response. Thank you and I really appreciate your time and advice.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thank you. I’m not too familiar with attachments yet. I’ve had my tractor for almost a year now. Why not Titan?
Thanx again
Why not Titan? … Good question … I have Titan forks and find nothing wrong with them… You’ll never break them …
I wouldn’t hesitate buying them and saving a bundle of jing if I were you …

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts