Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't load or offload tractor with box blade or belly mower attached.
1025R has no ground clearance, 3 point don't lift box blade high enough and my trailer ramps are too short.

This calls for cribbing up the ramps I have with wood, or buying a set of, I suspect, at least 8' aluminum ramps.
Either choice will require to tote the dang things with me. Not happy about that.

Not as concerned about transporting with belly mower, but I need to have the box blade along with me.

The hands down easiest solution is back the trailer in a ditch, or up to a hill. I don't think I can count on that every time I move this thing.
My other choice would be to load & offload the box blade with the bucket, but would rather not.
Bear in mind I will be off road, not on concrete.

Anyone suggest a decent set of aluminum ramps that won't hurt my billfold too bad?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Try this...I do it daily to get the gutter to run level out of the machine.

Back your rear truck tires up onto a pair of 4x6 or 6x6 blocks.

Gets a whole new angle at the rear of trailer.

Yes a ditch is your next best answer..:cheers:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Or back the rear of the truck up on work ramps. I have a tilt bed trailer. That is the easiest way. My Corvettes wont load on any other type of trailer. They truly have no ground clearance.

·
Administrator
17,557 Posts
Many have change the fixed side link on the left side of the tractor to an adjustable one-they just ordered a replacement right side and installed it on the left, that gained them up to 4" of lifting height.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Many have change the fixed side link on the left side of the tractor to an adjustable one-they just ordered a replacement right side and installed it on the left, that gained them up to 4" of lifting height.
Found the answer to my question in another post.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
You could also shorten the adjustable top link to give you more ground clearance on the box blade.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds like a good idea for more than one reason. Appreciate it.

Twin adjustable links -- DUALS!, and a "shallow" ditch......:greentractorride:

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah, those extenders are really nice, but I ain’t driving to Wisconsin for ramps.
You missed the part about my billfold. :laugh:

Maybe someone else makes something similar that will ship them.

But, I’m pretty much leaning towards my pile of 2 x 8’s and tweaking my 3 point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts