Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally after 3 yrs we are going to z and m in springville tomorrow to look at a 1025r loader (h120) 60'' auto connect and the back hoe. is there any questions i should ask the dealer. what is a good roto tiller. and brush mower that wont bog down going through 4-5 ft thick brush. would they let us demo it for a day?

·
Registered
523 Posts
The Frontier RC2048 I have will eat thru about anything. Don't know on the JD/Frontier Tiller. With the financing deal I bought everything I thought I would need up front.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I bought a County Line 48" rough cut mower and Hawkline tiller. They were 1/2 the price of the green stuff. No financing though... Stuff seems built well and does what I need it to. Should last many years.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I'm sure you will get a lot of good advice here on GTT, but I'll just add my 2 cents. I like my dealer, but there is only 1 point that has bothered me, and that is transportation of my tractor for warranty repairs, adjustments, etc. I don't own a truck or trailer and cannot transport my tractor unless I ask a favor from good friends, or I pay the dealer. I really didn't know that my dealer would charge me for transporting my tractor for warranty work after an unstated "grace period".

The short version of my story is, the dealer delivered it for free. I had a transmission leak that I found within the 1st month of ownership, the dealer trailered it back, fixed it and returned it to my house, all free of charge. That was good. A year later, there was a DTAC to replace the scv for Floppy/Droopy bucket. My dealer would only replace the part in his shop, and I had to arrange or pay for transportation. His transportation charge was approximately $250 for both trips. This scv DTAC is not a recall, and my tractor was still in the warranty period. My dealer explained that Deere does not cover transportation for warranty work, DTAC's, etc.

You will see stories here on GTT about dealers who will "step up to the plate" and transport tractor's back and forth for warranty work for free. I would just advise you to ask, confirm and possibly get your dealer's policy/promised in writing.

If you can transport your tractor yourself, then my advice is probably moot.

OK, I'll stop ranting now, good luck on your trip to the dealer. The 1026R/1025R tractors are really nice machines.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill post some pics if i remember to take some my dad wants to compare the 1025r FIL B and a piece of junk makindra max 25 :thumbsdown:. but i think he will be persuaded to get the jd and there are two jd dealers closer both z n m one in springville ny and one in falconer ny vs the makindra which is all the way in arcade ny :greentractorride:

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
i wonder if the dealer would let me demo it at my house
I doubt it but maybe if they have a used one on the lot. Good luck in your shopping.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well guys just got back from the dealer and he gave me a quote of $23,000 1025r h120 loader 50'' auto connect mmm and the back hoe with two implements a frontier rotory cutter and a rototiller that i might switch out with a box blade all i have to do now is wait for credit approval. i also looked at the kioti 2510 with a hoe but their is no available mmm i liked the air ride seat but not the controls lay out and the makindra was a piece of junk the seat was all the way back and i felt like i was leaning forward and the seat was stiff and uncomfortable unlike the 1025r and the kioti but i decided on the jd

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well guys just got back from the dealer and he gave me a quote of $23,000 1025r h120 loader 50'' auto connect mmm and the back hoe with two implements a frontier rotory cutter and a rototiller that i might switch out with a box blade all i have to do now is wait for credit approval. i also looked at the kioti 2510 with a hoe but their is no available mmm i liked the air ride seat but not the controls lay out and the makindra was a piece of junk the seat was all the way back and i felt like i was leaning forward and the seat was stiff and uncomfortable unlike the 1025r and the kioti but i decided on the jd
is 23,000 a good price for a filb with a frontier rotary cutter and a jd rototiller

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I doubt it but maybe if they have a used one on the lot. Good luck in your shopping.
I was able to demo the 1026R I ended up buying. It had < 2 hours on it when they dropped it off. So I'm not sure if there is a program from Deere or it's something each dealer either chooses to do or not. I did fill out the credit app before hand. So your results may very. :lol:

·
Registered
768 Posts
is 23,000 a good price for a filb with a frontier rotary cutter and a jd rototiller
Yes, this is a really good $!

I paid $19,500 for my 1026R FILB and no other attachments. The rotary is about $1400-ish and the tiller has got to be at least $2200 depending upon the model.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
finally after 3 yrs we are going to z and m in springville tomorrow to look at a 1025r loader (h120) 60'' auto connect and the back hoe. is there any questions i should ask the dealer. what is a good roto tiller. and brush mower that wont bog down going through 4-5 ft thick brush. would they let us demo it for a day?
Little late to the party but I bought a landpride RTA1250 tiller through my John Deere dealer. It was 600 bucks less than the Deere 647 tiller. I was looking at the RTR1250 reverse rotation tiller which was still cheaper than the Deere 647. I went with the forward rotation due to a large crop of rocks in my garden areas. Haven't gotten the chance to try the tiller out yet it's been so wet.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Little late to the party but I bought a landpride RTA1250 tiller through my John Deere dealer. It was 600 bucks less than the Deere 647 tiller. I was looking at the RTR1250 reverse rotation tiller which was still cheaper than the Deere 647. I went with the forward rotation due to a large crop of rocks in my garden areas. Haven't gotten the chance to try the tiller out yet it's been so wet.
This is my opinion on reverse time tillers. I came very close to getting one. Now that I have the forward rotation , I am glad that I skipped buying the RTT. I can see where it would be great in a garden that you know the soil and know there isn't any rocks or roots underneath. But at our deer lease , there is nothing but roots. I can see it would have been a huge problem there. With the FTT it will usually just bounce up and over and very rarely suck up under a root. I can imagine just the opposite with the RTT. They have to be hard on equipment. You would most definitely want to make sure your slip clutch is set properly.
Just my opinion. .... Just say in'. :lol:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
This is my opinion on reverse time tillers. I came very close to getting one. Now that I have the forward rotation , I am glad that I skipped buying the RTT. I can see where it would be great in a garden that you know the soil and know there isn't any rocks or roots underneath. But at our deer lease , there is nothing but roots. I can see it would have been a huge problem there. With the FTT it will usually just bounce up and over and very rarely suck up under a root. I can imagine just the opposite with the RTT. They have to be hard on equipment. You would most definitely want to make sure your slip clutch is set properly.
Just my opinion. .... Just say in'. :lol:
The reverse tine also tends to wrap vines around the tines. The forward rotation has a better chance of chopping garden refuse up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts